AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

I tried to find any evidence of people having BT problems with their new x100 units, but came up empty. I think BT works fine on the x100 units, so unfortunately I am not hopeful that the next x100 update would help us x000 owners :(

I think there is hope to modify still (I can't, but I am sure someone can) - there is no upgrade in the bluetooth version, both have: Bluetooth 3.0+EDR certi- fied

I checked the manual on both for the information.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how would you flash the BT firmware?  and is that reversible?  sorry, I am not a programer.  databases are my things lol

With each firmware there is a folder called "bluetooth" the one for the new 4100 is about 2mb bigger than the bluetooth folder for the 4000nex.  For some reason when you flash the new 4100 firmware the option in "A/V output" for "Bluetooth Audio" is stuck to off. Even if you flash the new firmware with the old bluetooth folder it gets the same result.  That seems to be the problem. The stereo still reads the song titles or whatever your trying to play but the Audio does not work. 

Im confused on what you're asking? We have the files for both versions. 

The x100's 1.03 firmware is only 1 part of what's needed.

We need the BT firmware from the x100nex so the radio and BT communicate.  This is of course, assuming that the x000nex will accept it.

X100 BT firmware:

2015-03-26%2014.56.06.jpg

x000 BT firmware:

2015-03-26%2014.57.41.jpg

The x100's 1.03 firmware is only 1 part of what's needed.

We need the BT firmware from the x100nex so the radio and BT communicate.  This is of course, assuming that the x000nex will accept it.

X100 BT firmware:

2015-03-26%2014.56.06.jpg

x000 BT firmware:

2015-03-26%2014.57.41.jpg

what he is saying is that the nex x100 1.03 firmware files do not upgrade the bluetooth because the stock bluetooth on the headunits is already 31.41.30. So when we update our headunits we have the wrong bluetooth firmware and the unit stops working correctly. 

So the bluetooth folder on the x000 series has PJ140BTHSAF.PRG while the X100 series has PJ150BTHSAF.PRG , one number difference. Has anyone tried renaming the 150 series to 140, and flashing the bluetooth on the older x000 series OS first, then if it takes, upgrade to the x100 OS?

The sizes of each corresponding file in the bluetooth folder is very close, the BTL file is the SAME size, so is the UDP file. The SAF is the only one with a difference in size, and its .2 megs.

So the bluetooth folder on the x000 series has PJ140BTHSAF.PRG while the X100 series has PJ150BTHSAF.PRG , one number difference. Has anyone tried renaming the 150 series to 140, and flashing the bluetooth on the older x000 series OS first, then if it takes, upgrade to the x100 OS?

The sizes of each corresponding file in the bluetooth folder is very close, the BTL file is the SAME size, so is the UDP file. The SAF is the only one with a difference in size, and its .2 megs.

I've tried that, didn't help unfortunately.

I have an idea, but it's insanity. The NEX has a recovery system for if the radio has a catastrophic failure during the update like if lets say you turned off the car during. My guess is that it would be a full wipe of the system to return to stock, vs an update only changes the files that need changing. If I were to do this hacked update and then force restart the radio while it's going it might force it to do a full fresh install which could install the missing parts of the firmware that is causing it to act up. 

I'm not crazy enough to do this, but I'm tempted.