AVIC411.com

Upgrading NEX4000 to NEX4100 - Work in Progress

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for testing.

So from the testing preform by all of you we can safely conclude that the problem is not with the Bluetooth firmware but with something in combination with the audio settings

Quick question

if I upgrade to the 1.03 that I downloaded from Pioneer's website what do you think will happened to my radio? will be become a brick?

I've read somewhere that there are a few extras with the 4100, not only android auto. what if something within those extra is not playing nice with the 4000 hardware? and that can cause the problem.

Thanks guys for testing.

So from the testing preform by all of you we can safely conclude that the problem is not with the Bluetooth firmware but with something in combination with the audio settings

Quick question

if I upgrade to the 1.03 that I downloaded from Pioneer's website what do you think will happened to my radio? will be become a brick?

I've read somewhere that there are a few extras with the 4100, not only android auto. what if something within those extra is not playing nice with the 4000 hardware? and that can cause the problem.

The only update was the screen i believe. 

Obviously our first gen next has all the hardware to run everything correctly. We use bluetooth on the old firmware, so no reason why it cant work with new. Also ANdroid auto runs just fine, there is no lag and usb connection is good. So there is no excuse. 

The only update was the screen i believe. 

Obviously our first gen next has all the hardware to run everything correctly. We use bluetooth on the old firmware, so no reason why it cant work with new. Also ANdroid auto runs just fine, there is no lag and usb connection is good. So there is no excuse. 

If you upgrade the bluetooth ahead of time and change the file names on all the files from 150 to 140 it will give you many new features, but your bluetooth will be for nothing and your carplay won't play music. 

So I tried doing a restore install to 1.03. Did nothing differently. The bluetooth audio is still stuck at off no matter what I try. I have also noticed that when I first turn on carplay my illumination turns off until I try to play music at which point I hear a beep and no sound comes. I'm going to revert back to 1.08. Unless someone with actual programming experience looks over the difference between the two open source releases of the firmwares and figures out what exactly is wrong I think this is a dead end. 

So we can conclude that either hardware changes have been made between the x000 and x100 units, or Pioneer is deliberately messing this up for those of us who are trying to upgrade. Why else would these weird and random problems crop up if the hardware is identical?