AVIC411.com

Anyone having an issue with static while playing iPod or iPhone via USB?  Big issues reported a few years ago in the Apple Forums.  Had a JVC Deck and one of the few things it did well is play my iPod static free.  My NEX 4000 from day one has had intermittent static issues.  Rewired the deck, tried a lot of combinations of different iPods, cables and using USB 1 & 2.  Nothing works long term.  After a rewire I went months with no issues, then poof!  It's back.  

Happens usually within a couple minutes of startup, and thankfully i can eliminate it by switching inputs, then back to iPod.  Still annoying and maybe an Apple issue, but again, worked great on my JVC video deck for years.  

On a semi related note, since the carplay update the iPod will not resume play - it's on pause.  Further to that, sometimes just says "ready" and there are no control buttons.  Again I switch inputs and it loads up fine.  

Clearly the software is buggy.  Again, I've used a variety of cables (including apple), different iPhones & iPods...problem is consistent.  

Any help or tips are greatly appreciated.