AVIC411.com

PLEASE HELP!!! AVIC-X910BT will not boot up completely, stuck at Pioneer logo splash screen

I went out to get into my car this morning and noticed that my AVIC-X910BT will not boot up. It will turn on but gets stuck at the splash screen (original Pioneer logo screen). I put a CD in and it played music but the screen was still stuck. I also pushed the reset button in the upper left-hand corner which turned the screen on and off but this did nothing. The unit was in my 2003 Acura CL Type-S when I bought it in 2012 and was installed professionally (I was given the receipt for the install but unfortunately I no longer have it). It had the firmware version 3.020100 on it which, according to Pioneer's website, is the most recent official update. I even downloaded the firmware to an SD card and tried to update it but it would not do anything. I read that this is because it will not recognize firmware on and SD card if it has already been installed but I have no idea if this is correct. It did not have any mods on it or anything. I spoke with Pioneer support but of course they are telling me I have to send it in so they can service it and make money off me. He also mentioned it could be a blown fuse on either the vehicle or the unit itself but I have not checked this yet. I had already started typing this post before I spoke with him. I don't remember his exact wording on this question but he also asked if there was anything could have caused some sort of an electrical power surge (alternator problems, faulty cigarette lighter, etc.) but I can't think of anything that would've done this between last night when it was working fine and this morning. I will be checking these as soon as I am done here.

I am willing to do anything to get this fixed as soon as possible but I don't want to spend any money on it. I have read about testmode but am not sure how this works and which is the newest/best version that will work with my unit. I am in desperate need of a solution as I am driving to a wedding 4 hours away on Sunday and that will be miserable if I have I can't play music from my phone (via the 3.5mm aux port) like I normally do.

I am brand new to this site so I am not sure if this topic has been covered but I did do some searching and could not find many people that experienced the same issue as me, let alone a solution to my problem. I also read about hacks/mods but I want to make sure I have the correct version before I try it so that I don't make things worse Please be as detailed as possible with instructions as I am new to all of this. I would love to have a link to where I should download firmware/software from and which versions I should choose etc.

Something I thought of but could not find an answer to was whether or not it is it possible to download an older version of the firmware so it will be recognized by the unit and then I could update it later. Would this help?

As a side note, I am using a MacBook Pro so I am not able to open/edit Windows files so I would like to be able to do this from my computer. I do have access to a PC if need be so that is the least of my concerns. I am willing to do anything at this point.

Somebody PLEASE help me!

I actually figured it out with a little help from the "FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image" post under F-Series hacks and mods as well as the "Solved the FormatMBR /SDMLC and MapDBinfo Error 0X0000 (Also the Major Fix)" under F-Series Problems/Solutions.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/27807-fx31-complete-firmware-image/

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22599-solved-the-formatmbr-sdmlc-and-mapdbinfo-error-0x0000-also-the-major-fix/?hl=x910bt