AVIC411.com

Naviextras map update question

The countdown starts from the first time that the unit sees a GPS signal. From that point, you are eligible to receive the latest maps released within 45 days of the GPS signal.  

So, if you got your first GPS signal on Jan 1, and they released a map update on Feb 14... and it's now Apr 6, then you are permitted to get the Feb 14 update for free.  If that update was released on Feb 15 (46 days after) you would have to buy it, but you are still allowed to get the previous update.

At least that is how the Naviextras support rep explained it to me.

Yeah, it seems this is the case for all if not most ppl. Jshen said the same thing. The date you started receiving signal determined the latest version you can get. I guess I'll have to pay over $129 for the map update in future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed my 6000NEX after it sat in the box for the past ten months.. Hooked up the gps etc. Updated the firmware. The installed maps are 2013 Q2. Naviextras says I have the most up to date maps for my product but offers me to purchase regions of 2014 Q2 for $70 a region with no option for a complete map update and the west region is missing.

Spoke to Pioneer who says they can not help me because the shop I bought my unit from is not an authorized seller any longer (though they were when I got it). And naviextras says all there maps that are listed is what I am eligible for. Granted I just installed this last week.

My question is has anyone noticed a change to what is available for maps that matches what I am seeing? Oh and the Pioneer tech told me on the phone "why are you installing a year old model now"? What arrogance, I took that as you need to buy a new unit every year if you want the latest maps. I am ready to ditch this unit and buy an Alpine INE-W957HD. At least Naviextras lists there maps as being 2014 Q4 with an option to buy the continent for $60.

Is that update info from "main page" in toolbox or the "update page".  Sorry for lack of specific wording... 600 miles from my desktop.  As I recall, only pay-for updates are listed on the "main page".  You'll only get to free updates on the other page...

• 4 weeks later...

This has to hurt, considering you live in Philly, literally right in the backdoor to these affected update areas

• 7 months later...

Yea, I'm not giving Pioneer any more of my money.

Meh, they just released the Q1 2015 update, and it is Q1 2016 in a few days! :)

I thought you have a 5000NEX and the map screw up only affect x100NEX series?

Anyhow do you know when did they release the Q1 2015 maps? I have until early February to update maps and wondering if there is any hope that they may drop another update in the next six weeks.

I thought you have a 5000NEX and the map screw up only affect x100NEX series?

Anyhow do you know when did they release the Q1 2015 maps? I have until early February to update maps and wondering if there is any hope that they may drop another update in the next six weeks.

2015 Q2 just released today!

2015 Q2 just released today!

Thanks for the update. However it looks like I won't be able to get it for free, as it appears the latest map guarantee only provides the latest map at the time of your first GPS fix. Mine was installed on Jan 1st, at that time only 2015 Q1 maps are available, so that's the only thing I can get.