AVIC411.com

Pandora coming to CarPlay

Album art is back in iOS 8.3

And the ability to give permission for the iPhone to "unlock" itself when connected to your Pioneer HU. It would seem it specifies by some encoding. But I don't have another Pioneer unit to test it on. 

When I upgraded to iOS 8.3 beta test and plugged it in to my Pioneer. A screen came up on my 6+ asking if I want "Allow CarPlay with 'Car Navigation' while phone is locked?"

You can later remove it from the list in Settings--> CarPlay--> *Car Navigation*--> Forget this Car or disable Allow CarPlay while locked. 

KOT

Album art is back in iOS 8.3

As noted album art is fixed in 8.3. There is a marginal difference in quality but really annoys me that half the artwork is blacked out.

We must not be talking about the same thing. I was referring to album art when using Pandora. I had full album art with 8.2 and still do with 8.3. The exception here is that if Pandora is running, and I press "Now Playing" on the CarPlay interface, a simplified version of Pandora is displayed with no album art (again, no change between 8.2 & 8.3).

If/when Pandora is added to CarPlay, I would prefer to have the version with album art, rather than the simplified view.

All of the above is with lightning to usb1... I don't use bluetooth audio which may be different.

We must not be talking about the same thing. ...on the CarPlay interface, a simplified version of Pandora is displayed with no album art (again, no change between 8.2 & 8.3). <snip>

Upon further inspection, I retract my comment. I noticed today the very faint album art on the CarPlay version of Pandora. I can barely see it. Fiddled with picture controls, but not enough to find the right levels yet.

• 6 months later...

I wonder if Apple has been sitting on CarPlay approval for both Pandora and Slacker. Interesting that they just showed up recently. 

Pandora users should check their App updates to see if this was part of the last round of updates. Apple Radio is junk so nice to have better alternatives. 

But true to form Pandora within Carplay has some issues or perhaps it is the Pioneer causing weirdness. I only get the Carplay Pandora app about 50% of the time even though the phone clearly says Carplay. The other half I get the Pioneer Pandora app so it appears there is a conflict yet to be resolved. I'm not holding my breath.