AVIC411.com

Pioneer 4100 NEX Install Issues

So I had Best Buy install a Pioneer 4100 NEX last week in my 2013 Malibu LS (sh*ttly monochrome display, no factory amp). Had many, many issues with the install but the biggest is a popping sound from the left front speaker when starting the car. Noticed it sometimes happens when the factory chime comes on but its random. After seven return visits to a few different Best Buys around Las Vegas they couldn't figure it out. I got a refund for the install but that doesn't help with the issue. Found a shop that was willing to try and diagnose the problem for 80$ but offer no guarantees they can. So with all that said is anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate the input.

Here's whats installed:

Pioneer AVH-4100NEX

Axxess AX-ADBOX2 Interface Module

Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter

Axxess AX-ADGM04 Interface Harness

Metra 95-3314G Dash Kit

Screenshot%202015-04-06%20at%206.57.56%2

Also, make sure the firmware is current - I just installed my 4100, it had a manufacture date of Feb 2015, but still had 1.0.0 firmware. 1.0.3 is current.

First thing I did was the update.

I got an appointment tomorrow with another installer - I'll update the post after they're done. It's probably something simple too lol

its a short somewhere. I'd almost guarantee it. Check the grounding wire for the HU as well as speaker wires, make sure they are well insulated. If you can. Pull the HU and take some pictures of the wiring (if possible. I know sometimes the wiring is tight).

Was the Axxess AX-ADBOX2. Tried three of them and all had the same issue. Switched to the PAC RP5-GM31 and the issue is gone...

its a short somewhere. I'd almost guarantee it. Check the grounding wire for the HU as well as speaker wires, make sure they are well insulated. If you can. Pull the HU and take some pictures of the wiring (if possible. I know sometimes the wiring is tight).

Was the Axxess AX-ADBOX2. Tried three of them and all had the same issue. Switched to the PAC RP5-GM31 and the issue is gone...

So I had Best Buy install a Pioneer 4100 NEX last week in my 2013 Malibu LS (sh*ttly monochrome display, no factory amp). Had many, many issues with the install but the biggest is a popping sound from the left front speaker when starting the car. Noticed it sometimes happens when the factory chime comes on but its random. After seven return visits to a few different Best Buys around Las Vegas they couldn't figure it out. I got a refund for the install but that doesn't help with the issue. Found a shop that was willing to try and diagnose the problem for 80$ but offer no guarantees they can. So with all that said is anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate the input.

Here's whats installed:
Pioneer AVH-4100NEX
Axxess AX-ADBOX2 Interface Module
Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter
Axxess AX-ADGM04 Interface Harness
Metra 95-3314G Dash Kit

Screenshot%202015-04-06%20at%206.57.56%2

What phone are you using?

These metra units require a very solid connection. I would check to see if they even soldered them to the appropriate wires. More often than not they just crimp or twist them. Metra units always need to be soldered... 

I also agree that this could be exposed wire shorting somewhere. Not a fun thing to diagnose, so have them check all of your Metra units connections first as that will be easier.. and cheaper if that ends up being the issue