AVIC411.com

damaged mechanical slide

has anyones Z units show any problems mechanically sliding?

when i turn my car off it now forces the screen to slide out, when i turn the car on it sometimes clicks (sometimes not) before sliding half way back up and i am forced to assist it all the way closed, where it then 'catches' and proceeds to function normally...everyday...for like the last few days (i CANNOT floss filthy with this disability, it looks ghetto).

with that being said i did look under the slide with the screen out and i did notice on the right side their is a white plastic gear tab on the right side slide that looks twisted and not aligned. can anyone take a picture of their unit around that area so i can compare. my unit is a first year z1.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes with my Z3 the white plastic rack gear broke one the tabs that hold it to the slide mechanism. You have to completely disassemble the unit to git at as its on the bottom. I drilled a small hole into the rack and used a small screw to secure it back onto the slide mechanism. Works like new agin.

• 6 months later...