AVIC411.com

Steering wheel button integration issue

Hi 

I have a 6100NEX installed in my BMW. Until recently the hands free button on my steering column was working with the unit to launch SIRI on my iPhone. But i had to connect an additional wire to the back of the unit and now that one button doesnt work. All other button on the steering column work fine (vol +, vol -, next track etc) Any ideas on why the hands free button no longer launches Siri? 

Any ideas would be great. Could it be a setting? 

Hi 

I have a 6100NEX installed in my BMW. Until recently the hands free button on my steering column was working with the unit to launch SIRI on my iPhone. But i had to connect an additional wire to the back of the unit and now that one button doesnt work. All other button on the steering column work fine (vol +, vol -, next track etc) Any ideas on why the hands free button no longer launches Siri? 

Any ideas would be great. Could it be a setting? 

Did you try holding the button down?

not sure what kind of interface you are using but if i the headphone looking plug pulled out a bit it will cause havoc on the steering wheel buttons. one time i hade to pull the head unit out to do something and the plug pulled out a bit, all the steering wheel buttons changed there functions. seek up would be volume down...etc. check to see if the plug is pushed all the way in