AVIC411.com

Z140bh Bluetooth Audio Problem

I've had the Z140 since it first came out and I've never had a problem with it until recently. I upgraded my cell phone from a Galaxy S3 to the Galaxy Note 4. Now when I connect to Bluetooth the hands free phone works fine, but if I want to listen to any Bluetooth Audio I have to manually go into the Bluetooth settings on my phone and force connect "multimedia audio". This is kind of annoying not to mention dangerous and difficult while driving. Did I do something wrong when pairing? I've tried pairing from both the phone and the nav unit with the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

• 5 months later...

i have same issue with Bluetooth     I connect it will do hands free just fine     as far as playing music over Bluetooth it does it when it wants to then ill listen to like 3 songs and it will stop playing   then I have to disconnect reconnect repeatedly until it decides it wants to work   someone please help    z140bh and phones ive tried   htc one m8 note 3 4 and 5 and galaxy s6 edge

On 10/15/2015 at 10:23 PM, jeffro312 said:

i have same issue with Bluetooth     I connect it will do hands free just fine     as far as playing music over Bluetooth it does it when it wants to then ill listen to like 3 songs and it will stop playing   then I have to disconnect reconnect repeatedly until it decides it wants to work   someone please help    z140bh and phones ive tried   htc one m8 note 3 4 and 5 and galaxy s6 edge

This BT streaming audio problem seems to have started with Android 5 (Lollipop). I don't think v6 (Marshmallow) improved the issue. There seems to be some incompatibility with the newer Android BT versions and AVIC head units. I recall someone with this problem stated that loading an older version of the AVIC BT firmware fixed the issue (but I think some other functionality was lost). You could try the older 2012 BT firmware by downloading and extracting CNSD-310-FM then copy the FIRMWARE directory to an empty SD (no Testmode.key). Insert into your HU, go to Settings/Bluetooth Settings/Firmware Update and install.  If it doesn't fix your problem, you can always reload the newest firmware. I figure its worth a shot. BTW, it appears that the latest AVIC 2015 map upgrade has the same BT firmware as 2013. 

• 2 months later...

Guys the problem is with our phone -not the other way around. 

I thought I was the only one but I'm not lol

I was able to make it work by clearing the bluetooth cache on the phone and deleting paired connection and -re-connecting the whole thing but it came back. 

The issue starts with Android 5 lollipop version. 

• 6 months later...

Since you didn't give any information about your HU, I can only guess. This BT streaming audio problem seems to have started with Android 5 (Lollipop). I don't think v6 (Marshmallow) improved the issue. There seems to be some incompatibility with the newer Android BT versions and AVIC head units. I recall someone with this problem stated that loading an older version of the AVIC BT firmware fixed the issue (but I think some other functionality was lost). You could try the older 2012 BT firmware by downloading and extracting CNSD-310-FM then copy the FIRMWARE directory to an empty SD (no Testmode.key). Insert into your HU, go to Settings/Bluetooth Settings/Firmware Update and install.  If it doesn't fix your problem, you can always reload the newest firmware. I figure its worth a shot. BTW, it appears that the latest AVIC 2015 map upgrade has the same BT firmware as 2013. 

So..I was having that problem after i updated my bt fw to the 3.32 of the bt playing through my phone but still controlled by the HU. I just downloaded that cnsd-310-fm file to my comp. I then downloaded winrar and extracted the firmware file only to my sd. The pioneer avic z140bh did update the fw from 3.32 to the 3.24. Now I all my bt functionality is back to where it was and is supposed to be. This post kept me from sledge hammering my HU. Thank you so much. I called pioneer and they blamed me for the problems saying I should of considered the risk of updating with their software.  The guy told me that there was no way for the HU to revert the fw software. But for a lot of money I could send it in and they would fix it. Terrible customer service. Pioneer basically told me they dont care about me as a customer unless I want to spend more money. What I cant get over is they lied to me telling me the HU couldn't revert to an earlier fw. It obliviously can since I just did it and the link to the software should be well blasted all over this site. It took me 3 days to find this post lol. I know there's a bunch of people in the same boat i was. 

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old topic.  What a near colossal mistake upgrading to Bluetooth 3.32 was. 

I had the exact problem as Rebelhell, and downgrading to Bluetooth 3.24 worked for me as well!  Big thank you to natedog172.  This has saved me from buying a replacement receiver.  I'm attaching just the Bluetooth firmware (1.8 MB) so you don't need to download the entire 2.2 GB file from natedog172.

DOWNLOAD: AVIC Z140-BH Bluetooth 3.24 FIRMWARE.zip

PS - I don't understand why Pioneer would be rude about this because they include the Bluetooth 3.32 drivers with the official Firmware upgrade here: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Support/Downloads  Maybe we're not supposed to switch from iPhone to Android. Ever.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys. i get the same problem like everybody from here. can u please describe exactly step by step what should be done to return to the 3.24 version. thanks

Adrian

P.s. I've understood. Download the upper zip file, unzip it directly on formated sd card, restart the MU, go to settings bluetooth and run update bluetooth. Important shouldn't be other things on the sd card. everythings working good. thanks

Edited by nam3l3ss
i've done it. Thanks to everybody
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Fantastic.  I had tried a Galaxy S7 years ago and was not able to get the BT audio to work and gave up and returned the phone.  Decided to try an S8 today and had the same problems.  Downgraded the BT firmware to 3.24 and all is good.  Thanks so much for these posts.