AVIC411.com

How does Sirius/XM interact with Carplay?

I owned Pioneer 710bt in a previous car.  I now have a new car (10 months old) with the stock radio (non-navi).  I'm hooked on Sirius/XM, but am interested in a Navi/Carplay unit.

One thing I can not find info on is how Sirius works when you are in Carplay mode with an iPhone.  From the videos I've seen, it appears as if Carplay takes over control of the screen and head unit.  Is it possible to play Sirius (satellite, not the app) while in Carplay mode using maps, for example?  How does carplay interact/work with other Pioneer functions?  Easy to switch back and forth?

Thanks for your help.

I use Apple maps in CarPlay along with Sirius. They work together very well. But, you can only play one thing at a time, of course. If you are listening to anything (Sirius, HD Radio, or music on the iPhone), Apple maps will lower the volume of the source while the voice instruction is playing, and raise it back to normal after.