AVIC411.com

8000NEX - LCD Screen Not Returning - CD Glitch?

Hi guys,

So I've had my head unit for awhile and it's pretty great. I've never had an issue...until now.

I'm really hoping someone has heard of this or can offer advice.

I got off work this morning and ejected the CD to load another CD. However, it's stuck on that CD-load image (ya know where the screen goes gray and has a picture of a white CD that appears is half way in the slot).

The screen will NOT retract all the way. After putting in the CD, the LCD panel will not retract automatically. Pressing the Eject button will move the screen about 3/4 of the way, but as soon as it hits this point it goes back down and that gray CD image in the middle of the screen is still present.

I have no idea what would cause this issue...but it's really annoying and just kinda crazy.

I was hoping I would find something on here, but I wasn't able to.

I attempted to remove the CD several times to no avail. I've turned the ignition off...it tries to retract but it fails at that same 3/4 position and then goes back and then beeps 4 times.

I attempted to reset the microprocessor with the reset button in the bottom right corner and while it reset...it's still stuck in the same position with that CD loading logo.

While it's in this state...I'm not able to do anything. I cannot access the home menu, control volume, use any of the physical buttons on the bottom row (besides the eject button).

I'm going to try and load the image again via USB and I've considered disconnecting the car battery as well. I don't know that either will work.

I might have to completely remove it from the dash and reinsert it. 

I should note. When I put the CD back in, even though it's in this state, it will play the CD sometimes. Sometimes it won't. Also, when I press the eject button for the screen to return to it's normal position you do see the regular screen, home menu, wherever it was before as it's the screen is moving and attempting to revert back to the original position...but again, it hits that 3/4 of the way position and then the CD loading slot icon returns with the gray screen and it reverts back to it's position.

I'm really hoping I can get this fixed  and I'm sorry for the long post.

I hope this was informative enough to explain my situation.

Thank you for ANY and ALL help in advance... 

Joe

Good news guys...

This has been resolved.

It turns out that the physical alignment of the panel got out of place and when the LCD panel was trying to return to it's original position, it couldn't because it was actually hitting at the bottom. 

What's kind of impressive is that, you know when you put a CD in and it says like "Format Read" as the LCD panel is retracting upwards. It wasn't doing this at all. It's like the HU actually knew there was something wrong.

Anyways, needless to say...I'm very relieved about this.

I appreciate all that at least viewed this topic and thank you anyways!

=)