AVIC411.com

8100 or 8000nex, who uses anti-glare screen protectors? Best one?

I got a custom size protector from Best Skins.

How easy is it to install without bubbles? I'm almost comically bad at putting screen protectors on my phones and tablets w/o bubbles - I either have them do it when I buy it or pay a dude at a kiosk at the mall $5 to do it. I don't have an issue putting them on straight, though, so if bubbling doesn't seem to be an issue I should be able to do it myself.

This is great news! Thanks Michael!

So based on the conversation here I ordered the Best Skins Ever, I thought it's a bit pricey for a piece of plastic, but when it arrived I was stumped – watching the installation videos showing a clean and flat kitchen table and I thought how on earth should I put this on an installed 8100NEX? With water dripping down on the AC controls and everything else below?

Maybe I'm missing something, your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for sharing!  I'm glad to see the custom Skin worked well for you.  This is the perfect application for it.  We noticed a couple people ordered the same size custom screen protector for the same device so we decided to make it easy and add this to our catalog as a standard product.  

I'll avoid being spammy and posting a link but you can find it in the Other>Car Electronics category or a quick search for Pioneer will bring it right up.  It's just available in matte for now so if anyone wants it in glossy just let us know.

Cheers!

Michael at Best Skins Ever.

I bought one of these and I'm very pleased with this product just far... thanks for this!

So based on the conversation here I ordered the Best Skins Ever, I thought it's a bit pricey for a piece of plastic, but when it arrived I was stumped – watching the installation videos showing a clean and flat kitchen table and I thought how on earth should I put this on an installed 8100NEX? With water dripping down on the AC controls and everything else below?

Maybe I'm missing something, your suggestions are welcome.

First of all, keep some paper towels easily accessible. Spray some clean soapy water generously on the screen like you are cleaning it, and spray some on the sticky side of the protector.apply and adjust the plastic protector, and squeege out excess water and the air bubbles with a credit card or similar.  do it slowly and carefully and it will work

First of all, keep some paper towels easily accessible. Spray some clean soapy water generously on the screen like you are cleaning it, and spray some on the sticky side of the protector.apply and adjust the plastic protector, and squeege out excess water and the air bubbles with a credit card or similar.  do it slowly and carefully and it will work

Thanks for your suggestions. I am still concerned that some water may enter the physical button bar below, as another poster here has described – all his buttons stopped working first and then some changed functionality, while others still don't work.

Not worth the risk for me.

After having a tempered glass protector on my Nexus 6, I don't know if I can now go back to plastic protectors.. So I looked, hoping to find one for the 8100/8000, no such luck. I am guessing there's no way to make a custom tempered glass protector? 

• 1 month later...

How easy is it to install without bubbles? I'm almost comically bad at putting screen protectors on my phones and tablets w/o bubbles - I either have them do it when I buy it or pay a dude at a kiosk at the mall $5 to do it. I don't have an issue putting them on straight, though, so if bubbling doesn't seem to be an issue I should be able to do it myself.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been off the forums for awhile. It's easy to install without bubbles. Use lots of soap and water and you just squeege them out. Don't forget to wash your hands first and keep your fingers nice and wet or you will get fingerprints on the inside. Of all the screen protector installation methods, I find the soap and water one the easiest because you can adjust it before it dries and it's easier to get the bubbles out.