AVIC411.com

Reprogramming Axxess ASWC-1 w 4100NEX

I saw a post on here where someone successfully reprogrammed their ASWC-1 to activate Siri even though they didn't have a PTT button.  I have a volume up, volume down, channel up, channel down, and a mode button.  I'd like a long press on the mode button to activate Siri.  Anyone know how? I read the Axxess directions and its not clear if this is possible.  Like a short press on Mode does one thing and a long press does another.  I'd like to keep the functionality of the mode button but just add the long press to activate Siri.

I installed a virtual copy of Android in Parallels, downloaded the app, and it worked to reprogram. Just take laptop to car and plug in usb cable to box. I do note that I had to download Android from the web, the distro that installs from Parallels won't work since you can't access the Google App Store (maybe you can but I couldn't).

Ok thanks for the advice.  I have an iPhone.  Too bad they don't make an iOS version but I'm sure thats due to the input/output ability of iOS through the lightening connector.  I can assign a dual function through using the blinking LED method outlined in the instructions, I'm just not sure if its the PTT action that activates Siri on a car that has that button.

I assigned the Pac-Audio RP4-HD11 "Voice" function to a button with the 8100nex and it does nothing that I can determine. Tried it with my iPhone 5s connected via lightning cable for CarPlay, and using Bluetooth only. The on screen buttons work in both modes to invoke Siri. I don't know the firmware version of the RP4, and don't have the means of updating it.

Edited to add: I have since learned that with an iPhone the Voice function should work if it is either the only function on the button, or the long press. To activate Siri from the SWC button, it must be held for a long press if it is the short press, or a even longer long press for the long press. With a different function as the long press on the button, it isn't sending the Voice signal for long enough.