AVIC411.com

How to determine "correct update file" when updating firmware?

The procedure listed by Pioneer for updating the firmware of the 8100 to 1.03 states:

"Connect a blank (formatted) SD card or USB storage device to your computer, and then locate the correct update file and copy it onto the storage device."

When I look in the "AVIC5100NEX" folder (I did double check that the firmware download folder for the 8100 is, in fact, titled 5100 for some odd reason) there are a handful of folder and a handful of files.  All of them have names that seem to have relationship to the 8100, the 1.03 firmware, or anything else that seems helpful.  I'm uncertain how to determine the "correct update file" that I should copy onto the storage device.  I see no other guidance in the instructions but perhaps I'm missing it?

Can anyone clarify which file is the "correct update file"?

I tried copying the whole download folder over to the formatted USB drive and this did not work, got an error from the HU stating "copy only the correct update file and try again".  Nowhere in any of the documentation on updating the firmware does it indicate which of the 30+ files in the download folder is the "correct file".  There are several files that are large (i.e.; >200MB) but would hate to guess and get the wrong one.

Anyone updated their 8100 to 1.03 that can tell me the correct update file name within the firmware download folder?

I did the upgrade via SD card.  I placed the entire folder in the root of the SD card.  Don't copy the contents of the folder to the root of the drive, copy the entire folder over. 

Thanks.  This worked.  A shame Pioneer couldn't be this straight forward with the instructions.