AVIC411.com

bluetooth phonebook bug

As reported to pioneer:

Radio model is the 8100NEX
Additional info:  BT paired with Motorola Nexus 6 device

Problem with Bluetooth Phonebook:  The head unit's phone book does NOT properly display any contact that lacks a First Name and Last Name in the contact card.  For example, a contact for a business might have a COMPANY name and a phone number.  On the AVIC8100NEX, that contact will be displayed as only a phone number with no name.

For example, I might have a contact with a COMPANY name of "Pioneer Electronics" and a business phone of "1-800-228-7221."  I wouldn't have a first or last name filled in.  When my phone is paired with the head unit, that contact is shown with a "name" of  "18002287221."

Expected behavior:  The head unit should display contacts with no first/last name using the company name instead.  In the example given above, the head unit would display "Pioneer Electronics"

---

I doubt it'll get fixed, as I've had the same problem with other "parrot bluetooth" based units as far back as 2008.  However, if people don't keep bugging them, they might forget about the problem.  The one thing that MIGHT get them to notice the problem is that I'm using a nexus device, meaning it's the baseline for all other android devices.  If it doesn't work on the nexus, it can't be expected to work on anything else.