AVIC411.com

AVIC-8000NEX Troubleshooting No Nav Voice

Hello everyone... I just stumbled upon this forum and I'm hoping that someone here can help me troubleshoot a problem I'm having.  I installed my AVIC-8000NEX in my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee replacing factory nav.  I used the idatalink and all the harnesses & stuff Crutchfield included in my kit for my Jeep.

The problem I'm stuck on:  I can play music from my phone, listen to AM/FM radio perfectly but whenever the navigation voice should play, it dims the music but there is no voice.  The same with speaker phone, the regular music is turned off and the person on the other end can hear me through the mic but I cannot hear them.  And the same with Carplay/Siri, she can hear me (although she annoyingly cuts me off mid sentence half the time) but I cannot hear her.

I'm almost 99.9% certain the splices on the harness are good and correct.  I did them with a friend and we literally triple checked the correct wires before we finally spliced them.  Every other part of the physical installation I can think of has been done correctly and double checked.

Does any one have any ideas of what the issue could be or any troubleshooting steps you would recommend trying before I make that dreaded tech support call?

Thanks in advance for any help!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...