AVIC411.com

Need help with a 6000NEX

I have two questions about my 6000NEX, and my 1996 Impala SS.

1) VSS wire  - Where to hook it up at?

I did some research here and found a link to look my vehicle up, but the link is no longer working, any help?

2) Reverse wire -

I installed a JVC in my truck a couple years ago, I wired it in so I can turn the back up camera on whever I want via a toggle switch. Is it possible to do the same with the 6000NEX? If so, how? What amount of voltage is it supposed to see fed to it, 12v? Or something lower like, 5v or 3v?

I appreciate the help,

Regards

1) Why not hook up VSS?

2) Does that allow you to turn it when ever you want , or only in reverse? Sounds like reverse only.

Either way, thank you for your reply.

1. why do you need vss? MAP is very accurate without vss.

2. you need to hook up dual setup, 1. video turn on when you put in reverse 2. you can turn via Camera View on in HU

I wired the one in my truck so it only turns on when I use the switch. How do you wire it so it will do both? Just wire it to the reverse power and a switch in paralell? I don't want the reverse lights to come on unless I am in reverse. I suppose I would have to wire in a diode or something. Any clue to as what size of diaode I would need?

1. why do you need vss? MAP is very accurate without vss.

Driving through tunnels, driving through areas with thick foliage/big tree coverage, driving through hilly or mountainous areas, driving through areas with skyscrapers (like Manhattan).  I live in NYC, and I experience all of these, the skyscrapers and tunnels around Manhattan, the thick spring and summer foliage in the suburbs, and the mountainous areas of upstate NY, New England PA, etc.  

All off these areas I get marginal or no GPS satellite acquisition.  VSS being hooked up makes the accuracy without GPS signals so much better

I wired the one in my truck so it only turns on when I use the switch. How do you wire it so it will do both? Just wire it to the reverse power and a switch in paralell? I don't want the reverse lights to come on unless I am in reverse. I suppose I would have to wire in a diode or something. Any clue to as what size of diaode I would need?

i run backup light wire from tail light to HU violet/white wire.

backup camera i have pioneer ND-BC6, i have RCA to go HU brown RCA, red wire go to HU red wire 12V on/off, black wire go to ground. now you can use Camera View turn it on in HU.

So, are you saying that you can turn it on when ever you want by using the HU controls, regardless what gear you are in?

Also, will it will still work on it's own when you put the car in reverse as well? What I mean is, when you put the car in reverse, the display automatically goes to the camera?

So, are you saying that you can turn it on when ever you want by using the HU controls, regardless what gear you are in?

Also, will it will still work on it's own when you put the car in reverse as well? What I mean is, when you put the car in reverse, the display automatically goes to the camera?

yes you can turn it on when ever you want, is just like a sceensaver when you tough the screen it go away, and reverse take priority when you put in reverse.

Doing it that way will back feed your reverse lights and turn them on. You will need a diaode.

On the pioneer camera he has ND-BC6, the camera is on all the time, powered by the ignition switch, not the back-up light. The violet/white reverse light on his head unit is hooked up to the back up light, and the head unit is receiving signal, not sending voltage to back up light. Any backup camera can be hooked up this way, power the camera on with switched power, and hook up reverse wire on head unit to back up light. When in reverse, head unit automatically turns on reverse camera view(if turned on), You can turn on camera view, while driving and see what is behind you.

joemamma1964,

That makes perfect sense, I guess it just takes the right way of saying it to get the message across. Now that I understand it, vietnight said the same thing, I just did not understand his delivery.

Now to do the update, should be pretty simple.

Thanks for the help...