AVIC411.com

Mirror to the rear monitors

Does anyone know how to use the "mirror" function to display whats on the front monitor to the rear monitors?  I have my Ipod Touch connected via HDMI cable and I'd like to be able to show the movies in the back as well and it seems like the mirror function should do this.  My monitors are connected via AV input to the head unit.

You guys are correct, rear monitors will mirror DVD, SDCARD, AUX, A/V inputs, but not hdmi. The only mirroring available with hdmi, is to mirror your iPhone, iPod  to your head unit. 

Very disappointing that you cannot mirror hdmi to rear screens. I originally wanted to mirror youtube kids for the rear screens, and purchased the hdmi to composite adapter. was too much of a hassle to have apple a/v adapter hooked up to phone, then hdmi to composite adapter hooked up to aux 3.5 to composite adapter or A/V input. 

If your iPod used the 30 pin plug, there is a composite adapter available, but if you have the lightning plug, it is only digital and therefore video only available with apple A/V Adapter to hdmi. 

For the head unit to mirror hdmi, it would have to have an internal digital to analog converter, since hdmi is digital and composite is analog.

That rgb connector is for the avid-u260 nav add-on module, and it does not show up as an input. If you do install the module, it will only show up as NAV, in the top left corner, where CarPlay or AppRadio icon is. Also note, Nav is not available when using either CarPlay or AppRadio. So In my case, you either have CarPlay, AppRadio or Navigation. I found out this only after purchasing all the cables for AppRadio, before CarPlay firmware came out. Another flub by Pioneer, as their website showed the head unit with Nav and AppRadio both on the screen at same time. 

The RGB connector is also used with Pioneer's CD-IU201S - it has a 30pin ipod/iphone connector on one end and both a USB and that RGB connector on the other end.    It's how the "video" connection is made with the ipod touch 4th gen, and a person should be able to watch videos stored on their ipod touch via that connection. 

I'm just wondering that can be mirrored to the rear.  (When using the AUX connector with an older ipod, it CAN be mirrored.)

Gary

The RGB connector is also used with Pioneer's CD-IU201S - it has a 30pin ipod/iphone connector on one end and both a USB and that RGB connector on the other end.    It's how the "video" connection is made with the ipod touch 4th gen, and a person should be able to watch videos stored on their ipod touch via that connection. 

I'm just wondering that can be mirrored to the rear.  (When using the AUX connector with an older ipod, it CAN be mirrored.)

Gary

I stand corrected about the rgb connector. The cd-iu201s is used for app radio mode on 30pin iPod/iphone, since there is no input icon for RGB, the only way to show it would be hitting the mode button, and since I have never used this setup, I am not sure what will show on the screen. Now hitting the home button will bring up the app radio icon in the top left hand corner. I should have read up before speaking up. I do know, the units will not mirror HDMI or RGB to the rear screens. Now using the cd-iu201v,  that hooks up to the aux input, it should mirror what is on the iPod/iphone and mirror to rear screens. 

I have an HDMI2AV adapter going to the av input of my headunit. your headrest should be connected to your headunit through the correct manor which is the wire for rear display. Anyways I click AV then click on the rear seats and click mirror. Except if the iphone is connected by usb for carplay it disables mirroring to the rear screens. I usually use usb 2 or the sd card slot on the nex4000 to mirror to the screens in my back seat. 

• 3 weeks later...