AVIC411.com

Traffic info map display on 8100 (and other NEX)?

Hi All,

I've been browsing for a while and finally signed up for an account just now. I recently purchased and installed an 8100 NEX, and am curious what the expected behavior should be regarding how traffic info should show up on the map? For me, I get suggestions for reroutes, and I can click the traffic icon to read up on any 'traffic events' that may be impacting me, but I don't see any indication on the mapped route as to whether there are traffic jams on my route. I'm used to, in my old z130BT unit, seeing either green, yellow or red lines along my route that indicates whether there are backups or not. It's not showing any of this on mine? Only the green line which indicates my route. And today I sat in traffic for 45 minutes, so if that function exists, I should've seen it.

Curious if this is how it is for everyone, and if there's anything I can do to get the old behavior back? Seems very odd to have removed this functionality.

TIA,

Per

From what I can see the traffic map is a POS. Mine displayed either red or nothing. It was so far out of whack compared to the actual traffic conditions I completely gave up on it. Even Apple Maps is incomplete. When Google maps becomes part of CarPlay I'll have a look. But until then traffic on the NEX is a joke.