AVIC411.com

I emailed Pioneer Support asking them about the status of AVICSYNC and if they had abandoned the feature. Below is their response.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.The AvicSync app feature has not been abandoned, we simply wanted to makesure that the current NEX units had the option for the feature by the timeit is released which at this moment looks more like around the end of thecalendar year. Registered users should be the first to receive notificationon the features release as soon as any updates or information becomesavailable.DaveProduct Support Representative

Well, at least they gave some kind of answer.

Here is how I read it : X100 and X000 units that were advertised with the feature will get  the feature at some point... just not yet... perhaps by end of year (what they said LAST year for x000 owners)

Here is what I WANT to happen : X100 and X000 units that were advertised with the feature will receive at least another firmware by the end of the year that will include all of the collective updates/fixes/tunes that the X100 users are getting along with AvicSync for the X000 owners who have stuck around.

Come on Pioneer, its a feature you advertised to the X000 owners, not to mention the X100...at least throw the X000 a bone with a nice fully featured, fully updated firmware and not just a tacked on AvicSync app.

I really like the CarPlay part of the Pioneer deck but I like to have options. Pioneer stated last year that AvicSync was coming by the end of the summerof 2014. Now it's by the end of this year. It's even listed in the owners manual of the nav nex units as coming soon. Pioneers AppLive, AppRadioLive software didn't work for me. If it wasn't for CarPlay I would of bailed to another company. I'm just ranting as I know that Pioneer doesn't read the things we post. It's a shame. ( I'm off my box now )

Gordon

If it really is from a third party developer, why did they choose "AVIC sync"... AVIC being a Pioneer trademark... Im not sure I believe whoever sent that email. We dont see AVIC-SiriusXM or AVICMapping branding...

I agree with N7vy, if it wasnt for CarPlay working properly I would be done with Pioneer.  Trouble for Pioneer is, competiing companies (Alpine etc) are also receiving Apple (and Google's) car software that offloads R&D to the phone app developers. Soon you will have to own up to your headunits defects quickly or you will be marginalized by lack of specialty features.

If it really is from a third party developer, why did they choose "AVIC sync"... AVIC being a Pioneer trademark... Im not sure I believe whoever sent that email. We dont see AVIC-SiriusXM or AVICMapping branding...

It can be AVICSync if the "software" rights are owned by Pioneer or they license the third party to use the AVIC trademark.

I don't recall seeing this particular update on Pioneer's European page, this one doesn't even mention a time frame.

Update: Whoops.. Looks like it was there since March according to an article I found.. I didn't see any mention of it in this forum though so I'll leave the reply anyway...

-Keith

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/newsroom/news/avicsync/page.html

Dear Customer,

If you use any of the below Pioneer Navigation units, please note the below statement.

It is with regret that we inform you our Pioneer AVICSYNC app is delayed for both Android and iOS users.
As soon as we are able to update you further we will inform you here: www.pioneer.eu

We apologise once again and we thank you for your continued support.

The Pioneer Car Team.

• 5 months later...