AVIC411.com

Full Screen mirroring working in Mirrorlink & S6!!!

Hey Guys,

So i don't believe any one has hit this one yet but.  I found a way for full screen on my galaxy S6. All I had to do was install sygic car nav from the app store and then from the app exit it then POW right in to the desktop.  Just exit the app from the app and not from the side bar.  Allso the back button inside mirrolink works as well.  Might just be a bug but its awesome.  

Have fun

Hey Guys,

So i don't believe any one has hit this one yet but.  I found a way for full screen on my galaxy S6. All I had to do was install sygic car nav from the app store and then from the app exit it then POW right in to the desktop.  Just exit the app from the app and not from the side bar.  Allso the back button inside mirrolink works as well.  Might just be a bug but its awesome.  

Have fun

I just tried it. That did work. However, none of the other apps from my mirrored phone (I was using a Verizon S5) put out any audio.

But this just proves that for MirrorLink to work, someone has to develop an application that will actually give you access to multimedia and navigation. If only DriveLink still worked....

I have tested this method with an HTC desire 816 (virgin Mobile) on android 5.0.2 and it works perfectly. One thing to mention is the HTC phones come with a built in app called "car" and it sometimes automatically pops up, however if I exit that app the Phone will be mirrored with full control and audio works as well. I used pandora to listen to music while browsing apps like facebook and using google now from My headunit NEX4000. Also I used usb 2as I keep usb 1 for my iphone for carplay mainly.

MirrorLink is almost completely unsupported, despite it being a selling point of the head units. An app has to support MirrorLink itself to work, and I've only come across a handful on the store that actually show up on the HU's screen when the phone is in MirrorLink mode. However, just because they show up, doesn't mean they will work 100%. Aupeo's devs told me their target hardware is a HU for a specific VW in Europe and don't guarantee the app to work on other devices in MirrorLink mode, which means behavior like no audio. One app requires you pay for the monthly subscription to unlock MirrorLink mode.

To top it all off, both Apple and Google have both gone proprietary routes with CarPlay and Android Auto instead of using an open standard that's been around for several years now. MirrorLink has been forced into uselessness.

• 3 months later...

Pioneer = Major BS! Had the 8000NEX a year now. No one is more frustrated than me about the whole.. It does this and that and this and that. Never felt so screwed over. Last year had an S5, no go. Now I have an S6 with Mirrorlink functionality, guess what.. no go. Shit should just work. Bought the CD AH200 kit and that did nothing. Had removed and reinstalled the HU so many times the screw holes are stripping out. USB1...oh use USB2? OK. All I can do is bluetooth music using Pandora. Could have spent half the money on a cheaper unit to BT. Would be great to be able to control the phone by the HU. Thought paying for a flagship is what it would take, not have to mess with the phones security and dick around with all kinds of voo doo dances to make it simply work. Not even mentioning that Pioneer's last firmware update totally screwed up the NAV keyboard entry, having to type so sloooowww so the letters show up. No updated FW releases. They just expect ppl to buy another unit that barely works. Yeah, I have thousands to piss away. Sorry to vent but Pioneer ?? NEVER AGAIN!

Hey Guys,

Have fun

Did you have to use the CD AH200 kit to get it to work or any USB cable?

Crickets?

Hey Guys,

Have fun

Did you have to use the CD AH200 kit to get it to work or any USB cable?

That's really impressive that you were able to get MirrorLink to work on your Note 5.

Are you able to get AppRadio to work on your Note 5?

AppRadio doesn't work on Note 5 it require HDMI and USB same time since Note 5 don't support MHL adapter no way to use it unless you get Mirriorcast but that still won't work, i am currently using just USB.