AVIC411.com

X850BT Nag Screen

Hello to all,

I picked up a floor model AVIC-X850BT from BestBuy for under $200 last month.  I already bypassed it successfully and I'm looking to remove the navi nag screen now.  Sifting through the site, I found the appropriate testmode.key and backed up the filesystem to the SD card.  What's next?  Has this model been done already or similar?  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hello to all,

I picked up a floor model AVIC-X850BT from BestBuy for under $200 last month.  I already bypassed it successfully and I'm looking to remove the navi nag screen now.  Sifting through the site, I found the appropriate testmode.key and backed up the filesystem to the SD card.  What's next?  Has this model been done already or similar?  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Hey bud, I picked this unit up last xmas for my truck.. I am new to all these hacks and hook ups for these radios..  I am in the process of hooping up my Iphone 6 to it this weekend. Already bought the cord from pioneer. Is there any thing else I will need.

And what is bypass and removal of the nav nag screen?

Sorry to kinda hijack your post.

• 2 months later...
00SILVERADO, on 21 Aug 2015 - 1:36 PM, said:

Hey bud, I picked this unit up last xmas for my truck.. I am new to all these hacks and hook ups for these radios..  I am in the process of hooping up my Iphone 6 to it this weekend. Already bought the cord from pioneer. Is there any thing else I will need.

And what is bypass and removal of the nav nag screen?

Sorry to kinda hijack your post.

Sorry kinda forgot about this post since I've been so busy with my new born baby.  The bypass is so that you can set the navigation while in motion and any other screens that get greyed out.  The nag screen I was trying to get rid is the one where you switch to navi mode and it says its blah blah warnings and have to click one more time to get into it.  I learned to live with it since I haven't got any feedback for this unit.

• 7 months later...

I already bypassed it successfully and I'm looking to remove the navi nag screen now.  Sifting through the site, I found the appropriate testmode.key and backed up the filesystem to the SD card.  What's next?  Has this model been done already or similar?  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I have been looking into removing the CAUTION! ("nag") screens* for a while.  I understand some of the earlier models have had the software modified to remove the navigation caution screen, but the AVIC-X850BT, AVIC-X950BH, and AVIC-Z150BH** models which where released U.S./Canada/Puerto Rico around the same time have yet to be hacked.

I'm curious how many people are still using the AVIC-X850BT, AVIC-X950BH, and AVIC-Z150BH models and would be interested in working towards removing it.  My understanding is vague as I do not know the exact details; however, if my understanding is correct the previous versions of these units allowed the user to start a route in navigation and when the power was cycled (e.g. turning off the vehicles power) the route came up without the caution screen after the unit was powered again.  (When doing this with the AVIC-X850BT and AVIC-Z150BH*** units this is not true.)  Anyway, again if my understanding is correct, this allowed a person to compare system files to find the differences between states because this specific screen only came up once if a route was already started.

Anyway, I am at the same spot where I loaded the testmode.key**** and am somewhat familiar with the Service Mode and have done the bypass*****.  (I still would like to read the Service Manual but do not know the cost or where to buy it.)

Lastly, I'd like to know which tools and procedures (what worked and what did not******) were used on previous models (if so can the topic be changed to include other models?) and once one version is done does it apply to all versions including European, et al.  Anyway any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

* The navigation's caution screen is probably the most annoyance to me but there are also caution screens on within the AppRadio mode and on the smart phones whether iPhone or Android.

** My understanding is the AVIC-F50BT -- http://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/products/avic-f50bt -- is the European version which is similar to the  U.S./Canadian/Puerto Rican version of the AVIC-Z150BH and AVIC-F950BT is similar to the AVIC-X950BH, respectively ...

*** I do not have an AVIC-X950BH but understand it the very similar to the form factor of the AVIC-X850BT and the features of the AVIC-Z150BH.

**** The following videos is some of the basics of the Service Mode:

***** The following video is an example of the bypass:

****** I'm guessing much more did not work than worked -- the hard-work (i.e. the learning) may be the key to fixing more system annoyances.

My understanding is vague as I do not know the exact details; however, if my understanding is correct the previous versions of these units allowed the user to start a route in navigation and when the power was cycled (e.g. turning off the vehicles power) the route came up without the caution screen after the unit was powered again.  (When doing this with the AVIC-X850BT and AVIC-Z150BH*** units this is not true.)  Anyway, again if my understanding is correct, this allowed a person to compare system files to find the differences between states because this specific screen only came up once if a route was already started.

If the logic above from previous models is true, it seems to me that the data could be backed up live in the different states (1) before the caution screen has been OK'ed; and, 2) after caution screen's OK is selected) and then compared without the rebooting process.  If this is not true, please explain why.  In addition, are there other thoughts on how to remove the caution screens*?  Thank you.

* Ideally, I would rather never see any of the caution screens.