AVIC411.com

Which New Android Phones are Compatible with AppRadio

• 2 weeks later...

If you want cutting edge Android, then you should go with pure android, in my mind. That would be the Nexus line. They always get the latest updates first, with nexus 6 having the highest res screen. I had a LG G3, which was great, but provided zero compatibility with Auto or AppRadio. That being said, I wouldn't bet on their G4 doing it, since it's the same phone with a few new things.  I haven't used my Nexus 6 for appradio yet, just Android Auto. I've been curious, and I have an authentic slimport adapter, so I will try to test it this weekend. 

I was just about to drop a load of cash and purchase a flagship Nexus phone but the immediate dealbreakers were:

1) Lack of a removeable battery

2) Lack of micro-SD card expansion

Are there any phones out there will pound for pound match the Google Nexus while offering those 2 items I'm looking for above?

Dr. Claw: That's awesome. To see that the Note 4 is compatiblw with AppRadio. Do you own a Note 4 yourself? If so. How do you lime it when used with AppRadio.

Does this also mean that the coming Note 5 will be compatible with AppRadio?

I own note 5 and is does not work with Appradio.

Is does have mirrorlink but HU have version 1.0 not compatible with the phone version 1.1 is does work bit nothing show up after connected

• 5 months later...

I have the 8100 and the N6, I was told by Pioneer tech that they will not do AppRadio with the pioneer cables (cd-ah200), only the HTC M's and Sony, there was another but I for got the name...

IT seems that having a CHromcast will work, there are a lot of youtube vids showing that it works, but I"ve yet to find a detail site that walks you through how to get it all working step by step... 

I have the needed software and cables, I just need to know what settings etc....  :cool:

I'll probably end up buying the HTC M9 in a couple months...

I have the 8100 and the N6, I was told by Pioneer tech that they will not do AppRadio with the pioneer cables (cd-ah200), only the HTC M's and Sony, there was another but I for got the name...

IT seems that having a CHromcast will work, there are a lot of youtube vids showing that it works, but I"ve yet to find a detail site that walks you through how to get it all working step by step... 

I have the needed software and cables, I just need to know what settings etc....  :cool:

I'll probably end up buying the HTC M9 in a couple months...

OK, so I got it to work, sorta...

I uninstalled the AR Unchained, and install just the regular AppRadio ...

Once I got my Chromecast to log into my P6 via Tethering, I then had it 'Cast'

it took a few moments and the 8100 was showing me the screen to syncronize the screen.  So I pressed the white dots, and then got the little video...

The down side is that the resolution is really bad, and I had to press the screen to have it do anything about 2 ties as long as you would normally.  Basicly 1 second from the 1/2 second it might normally be.

I tried putting the AR Unchained back on, but then it wanted to syncronize the screen again, and that doesn't work.

So I can now say I got it to work, but I"m not happy with it....  most people are not from what I've read.... so if you can do Android Audo, or CarPlay, they are WAY better IMHO

--------

Here is how I got it working...

Buy a Chromecast, I don't think it matters if it's v1 (long one) or v2 (round one)

Install AppRadio, and ChromeCast on your phone

plug it onto the HDMI port on your TV and switch to that port.

when you see the chromecast on your TV, use your computer to find it www.chromecast.com/setup

follow the setup

have it connect to your phone via the HotSpot (if your phone doesn't do that then this whole thing is Moot)

Once you can see your phone on the TV you know you followed the instructions right up to this point.

Take the CC and your phone to the car

plug the CC into the HDMI port (and USB power) and turn on the car.  It will take the CC about a minute or 2 to connect to your phone. 

Launch AppRadio and follow the instructions there (mostly just agreeing to things)

Have your phone 'Cast'

It should then have you press the white dots on the stereo to calibrate it

once it's done, there is AppRadio in all it's glory

I hope I didn't miss anything...  :cool:

And also....

Is there anyone here that has the HTC M9 that got it to do Appradio?

I was at the Verizon store and he said they get a lot of returns on this one, mostly cuz of the interface....

I'm looking at the LG V10 now too.... 

I read that the phone just needs to be able to send HDMI signals to the USB port, and the HTC and LG are 2 that do, the Nexus6 does not, this is why you have to go the ChromeCast route...

So I have an update....

After a lot of checking and playing and even talking to Pioneer tech support, I've given up on the Nexus6 for AppRadio.

That being said, I went out and bought the LG V10.

The only thing so far I don't like is the power and volume buttons being on the backside, but I'll get used to that.

Pioneer guy said they have not checked the V10 but the other LG's needed a SlimPort adapter to work.

So I went out to Frys and bought one for $20, there were $10 ones and $25 ones....

Plugged it in.... set the SMartPhone connection to Other HDMI....

OMG, it worked right away!!!!!

it asked me to Calibrate it, so I left it at default settings, pressed the white dots on the 8100 as they appeared and ...Wooo Hoooo

And here is the answer you've been waiting for...... WAZE works!!!  from within AppRadio and Outside of it too...

The V10 is still at 5.1.1 of Android OS, and hopefully someday it'll get to 6.x