AVIC411.com

Which New Android Phones are Compatible with AppRadio

From the Pioneer website, here are a list of phones that are compatible with AppRadio:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/UnAssigned-Content/Android+Compatibility

The problem with this list which was last updated on June 14, 2015, is that the newest phones on this list date back to 2013.

I would like to get a new cutting edge Android phone (featuring Lollipop 5.0 at the very least) on the market that is fully compatible with AppRadio.  When shopping around for one of the newest flagship Andriod phones with at least Lollipop 5.0, how will I know it's FULLY compatible with AppRadio if it's not on the official Pioneer list?

If you want cutting edge Android, then you should go with pure android, in my mind. That would be the Nexus line. They always get the latest updates first, with nexus 6 having the highest res screen. I had a LG G3, which was great, but provided zero compatibility with Auto or AppRadio. That being said, I wouldn't bet on their G4 doing it, since it's the same phone with a few new things.  I haven't used my Nexus 6 for appradio yet, just Android Auto. I've been curious, and I have an authentic slimport adapter, so I will try to test it this weekend. 

The Note 4 is compatible with APPRADIO. If you are considering the 2015 NEX models 4100, 7100, and 8100, you will also have access to Android Auto.
All you need for APPRADIO is MHL support. Which means the Galaxy S6 may not be a good choice. I think the G4 is also compatible.

I started an account just to say that the Verizon Galaxy S5 running stock rooted 4.4.4 NIA with a custom recovery and the update app locked out so it won't force 5.0 on me runs great not issues. But it's just a crappy interface with limited apps even if you use app radio unchained.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...