AVIC411.com

I just purchased the above model from Best Buy over the weekend.  It was a unit out of a demo display from a Future Shop location that had been closed.  Got it for a very good deal (under $300 CDN). 

Went to install it and ran across it needing a password to boot up.  I've been following the instructions found here:  http://avic411.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&andor_type=&sid=cc34b2cd9355945827c97adf508e1a18&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&cType=topic&cId=37025&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&search_term=password&search_app=forums&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&search_app_filters[forums][sortKey]=date&search_app_filters[forums][sortDir]=1

but have not had any success.  I've been using an 8GB micro SD card.  Formatted to FAT32 and tried NTFS as well. 

I've dumped the extracted files from "Condi's HACKMODE v1.4 BASE - INSTALL VIA TESTMODE" to the SD card and then replaced the testmode file from the testmode-x50v2.zip download...

I'm quite good with file systems on computer systems but am stumped with this. It's possible that it's the differences in the generations of gear.

I've called Pioneer and they want $80 for a clearing of it.  I could do that, but it then diminishes the value that I was getting out of what I purchased.  If I can't get into it through working through this forum, I'll probably just take it back and get a refund.  The deck is a year old as it is...

I've attached a copy of the receipt (removed for now) in order to substantiate the fact that this is NOT a stolen unit, in hopes that someone who can help me out with this steps up and does so.   There is not a password hint either.  Obviously someone was playing with it while it was in the dispplay

Regards and thanks in advance.

post-130952-0-50142400-1434492108_thumb.jpg