AVIC411.com

No sound on SiriusXM Sattellite but info display is working on 8100NEX

After many months of using my SiriusXM radio on my 8100nex,  all the sudden there is no audio at all.  All other sources work fine EXCEPT SiriusXM.  The display is showing all the songs/titles/artwork.  Just NO sound at all.    I have tried reseting/restoring the 8100nex,  reflashing the latest firmware (1.03) and even cutting power to my car batter to reset.  NOTHING has worked to get my sound back on SiriusXM.

I heard other Pioneer HUs have had the same problem in the past and it was fixed with a firmware update with those models, but there is no newer firmware than the current 1.03.

How do I get my sound back on my SiriusXM on my 8100nex???

On the chance you don't know, the SiriusXM receiver is external to the 8100nex. SXV300 is the only current model SiriusXM receiver for aftermarket head units, so I am taking a wild guess that is the model you have.

So "the exact wire" would be the cable running from the SXV300 to the 8100nex, or the antenna wire to the SXV300. Per the SXV300 manual, troubleshooting audio problems is to check for loose connections, or look for a power problem with the head unit. Since everything else works on the 8100, it probably isn't a power problem. Hopefully it is just a loose connection, and isn't that the SXV300 has developed a problem.

I've had problems where if I turned the car on but didn't listen to xm at first, then turned it on lets say 30 min later, I'd have pad data but no audio. The only way to temporarily fix it was turn the car off and on. The permanent fix was to exchange the SXV300.