AVIC411.com

x8500bhs backup camera isn't working after 20-40 min drive

hi,

when car is started and put in reverse backup camera displays video feed to HU just fine

however, after 20-40 min drive when I try to park and switch to reverse I got black screen with HU warning ... mirrored ...

if I turn off engine and wait for a min or two and turn car to ON or start engine I get video feed on HU just fine

I tried to disconnect backup camera when I got black screen (car with engine ON after parking against curb and switch in reverse position) and connect video camera / camcorder input to backup camera output and camcorder shows video just file. so, looks like backup camera works Ok and something within HU.

Originally I thought that it's backup camera and got another camera and even added voltage regulator as I thought camera might not take over 12V - so it isn't the case.

my connections:

backup camera takes power from backup lights

camera is connected over rca cable to HU

HU gets +12 from reverse light to reverse detection wire (I think it's magenta, has label for reverse)

HU is set for polarity as battery

How I can fix this annoying issue?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have the same problem when I powered my backup camera to a constant 12v, try this, the ground cable from the camera to the body of the car, and the + wire from the camera to the +12 where yo HU it's connected.

What its happens its that you camera constantly its on, and after several minutes it shuts down automatically to protect it self

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...