AVIC411.com

Issues after doing install on my AVH-X2700BS

Hi everybody,

Recently bought a pioneer AVH X2700BS To install in my 1987 pathfinder. Paid some dude to do the install from a car stereo place in Vancouver WA. He fabricated a dash mount and made the double then fit he also replaced all factory speakers and put in a monobloc amp with 2 12 inch subs. Ever since The install is completed I smelled a burning wire and eventually the smell went away and then I noticed that the brake lights were stuck on even when the vehicle was turned off only way to get them to turn off is by pulling the stop lamp fuse from the fuse box under the steering well. Wondering if he possibly could have fried something while doing the install? Hopefully there is a simple fix that I can do myself I'm getting tired of having to pull the fuse every time I shut off the car.

Also I would like to be able to watch DVDs on my head unit but don't want to have to keep the car running while doing this. What can I do to make this happen? I was thinking maybe if I just shut off the subs? Or am I going to actually have to install some sort of hardware? Like a second battery or a capacitor or something. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if you have any questions about the setup I'm using just ask.