AVIC411.com

Help with self install of AppRadio 4 Please

Hi Guys,

I bit the bullet and bought an SPH-DA120 radio for my Audi A4 B7, bought all the relevant wiring harnesses and radio adapters but having no joy getting power to the HU.

Couple of questions please if anyone can help.

1. does the parking brake cable need to be connected for the unit to operate ?

2. There are 5 wires from the pioneer loom that plugs into the bottom part of my  ISO adapter, this part of my iso adapter has no connection for the Dash Illumination or the 12v ignition switch, there is also no wire that connects into the system control connection part of the loom so my question is, will the unit power on without a connection to these 3 wires ? The other 2 wires are a constant 12v and the ground, which I would have thought would have powered on the unit when the engine was running ?

I am happy to connect these wires properly but would have like to have confirmed operation of the unit before finalising any connections.

I presume that the dash illumination is not necessary, but unsure about the other two connections. (have no idea what the system control connection is for ??

Was hoping this was going to be plug and play, but knowing Audi, nothing is lol

Finally, maybe Im being stupid, but there doesnt appear to be anyway to turn the stereo on or off, i was looking for an on button to power on, but it looks as though it powers on automatically when it detects power ? is this correct

Thank you very much in advance for any help, please to have found your awesome forum.

Ali

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hopefully you got it all figured out. I had an AppRadio 3 in my B7 A4 w/ Bose. I hope you went with the harness and mounts from the http://enfigcarstereo.com/link that "rockthebeef" posted above. They have the best aftermarket head unit integration kits for the B7 Audi A4 in my opinion after much research. I had initially went with a Metra kit but ended up swapping for the enfig kit. Even the mounting kit looked better with the surrounding interior. And they also have install videos.