AVIC411.com

How satisfied are you with the AVIC-Z2?

How satisfied are you with the AVIC-Z2?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with the AVIC-Z2?

• Very Satisfied with AVIC-Z2
    • Satisfied with AVIC-Z2
    • Somewhat Satisfied with AVIC-Z2
    • Not Satisfied with AVIC-Z2: Poor A/V Performance
    • Not Satisfied with AVIC-Z2: Poor Navigation / Routing
    • Not Satisfied with AVIC-Z2: Poor Traffic Integration / Logic
    • Not Satisfied with AVIC-Z2: Poor Phone / Bluetooth Support
    • Not Satisfied with AVIC-Z2: Poor Accessory Support (iPod, Satellite Radio, etc)
    • Not Satisfied with AVIC-Z2: Hardware problems (Freezing on startup, etc)
    • Not Satisfied with AVIC-Z2: Poor Support / Updates from Pioneer

If you had it to do again would buy the AVIC-Z2? If so please choose how satisfied you are with the system. If you would not buy the AVIC-Z2 again, please choose what is causing you the most problems. If you could, please list specific problems or aspects you like about the system in a reply. This is meant for AVIC-Z2 owners only, please. Thanks :D

I was wondering everyone’s opinion and level of satisfaction with the AVIC-Z2 and I bet I am not the only one who is wondering this. I have seen this question before but not with a poll. I figured this question needed a poll because people usually don’t post about how happy they are with the system, just about the problems.

I'm 100% happy.....actually well overwhelmed with the HU....

I live in southern Louisiana......and have seen 102+.....high humidity....and have yet to have an issue....(knock on wood)....but no sun-viser....and my truck spends all day in direct sunlight.....it's also black with tan headliner.....but tinted windows.....

it's hot as hell when I get in it.....and I've been watching for a freeze....but it just doesn't happen.....

I also just purchased my Z2, not but a couple weeks ago....?

this is nearing a month and a half.....and alot of road time.......maybe it's not the heat.....and maybe the amount of HDD used up..??? as I haven't loaded all my CD's yet....I still have 80'ish% left......or maybe they are using something different now-a-days.....dunno......I'll go and check the HDD info and update this post later if I see anything different......but I doubt it.....

I will say though....mine is in a chevy truck....and there is alot of room for air to move within the dash.....from the cooling fans of the Z2

for 6 weeks tha hot california sun did nothing without a sunshade then a skip in the library here and there then 1 freeze then it broke loose and would hardly boot at all. did the bypass update and now it has to get really hot to freeze. with fall in place dont think ill see much more of the freezing

library volume doesnt matter on the freezing

wish you luck

I have been really happy with the performance of my Z1 now a Z2. It has taken me hours to figure out some of the functions but once mastered the unit has worked well. Early on I had some issues which all resulted in wiring problems but now everything is working perfect.

I have not had a problem with the unit freezing up at all, my truck is black and it sits out all day in the sun. Its averaging 90 to 100 degrees here the last several weeks. I do use a sunscreen and leave the windows slightly open.

The navigation system has worked great for me and most of the roads are accurate. Since I can chose multiple options for routes I have not had problems taking the shortest route.

Right now I have the Z1 upgraded to the Z2 with 40 gig hard drive with 20 gig for music and the 20 gig music section is almost full. The unit has the two wire bypass and the backup camera installed. I may start having problems tomorrow but I am totally happy with the unit today, knock on wood!!

The best advice I can give for success is to read everything here and read your manual several times. This unit will do great things but you have to know the correct button to hit to make it accomplish your goals.

Lee

Even with the freezing on startup problems I'm VERY happy with my Z2, it puts my friends Eclipse to shame, makes it look like it was made in the 80's, and I actually paid less for mine. The maps and graphics are beautiful and the whole thing just compliments the interior of my new car.

All the problems I've been having with mine are hard drive related, Toshiba makes the drive and I've never really liked them so I'll just vent my frustration at them.

I'm no Pioneer fanboy, in fact this is my first Pioneer car radio. I just buy what I like the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok great, we got 49 votes. The majority are either Very Satisfied or Satisfied with the AVIC-Z2. :D

Now many have also voted for "Not Satisfied with AVIC-Z2: Hardware problems†and I assume this were mostly from the freezing on startup issues. It looks like these issues have been solved with the patch. I have talked to the admins and if you wish to change your vote from Not Satisfied: Hardware problems to something else please PM me or post with what to change it to.