AVIC411.com

Can the RGB Input/Output be used with a USB adapter at the end?

Besides wanting to know what other options are available for the RGB connectionl, I ahd another question:

1)  Does anyone know if the RGB connection is tied to the A/V icon that is available when you go to the menu of available options from the home screen.  Right now the A/V connection is greyed out and unusable, but will it become availabl once I plug somethin ginto the RGB input?

Thanks Joemamma1954 for your reply.  I just had one more question:

Does anyone know if the RGB connection is tied to the A/V icon that is available when you go to the menu of available options from the home screen.  Right now the A/V connection is greyed out and unusable, but will it become availabl once I plug somethin ginto the RGB input?

Joemamma (and anyone else who would like to contribute),

1) From the picture/diagrams I uploaded in the thread above, where are the RCS inputs located (specific location and color)?  I'd like to put them to use?

2) Also, once I locate these RCA inputs, what are some cool things I can install and do to utilize the A/V settings?

The RCA input for the A/V input are red, white and yellow, bundled with the 4 speaker outputs on the right side of the rear. there are 7 RCA cords that come out, 4 (2 red, 2 white) are for hooking up to optional amplifier, then there is red, white and yellow that are for A/V input. They should be marked. 

There are several options, I have digital TV tuner on mine. Anything that puts out audio and video and runs on 12 volts can be hooked up to this. 

The RCA input for the A/V input are red, white and yellow, bundled with the 4 speaker outputs on the right side of the rear. there are 7 RCA cords that come out, 4 (2 red, 2 white) are for hooking up to optional amplifier, then there is red, white and yellow that are for A/V input. They should be marked. 

There are several options, I have digital TV tuner on mine. Anything that puts out audio and video and runs on 12 volts can be hooked up to this. 

Can i ask which digital tv tuner?  can it be used for a passenger while in motion? I like to take weekend road trips and it would be nice if my GF could watch her shows while travelling.  I heard digital tuners were horrible at receiving signals while in motion, but that was years ago. I can hope technology has gotten better :)  Thanks!

The one i use is

BOYO VT-MHC ATSC and ASTC M/H Tuner Combo Vehicle TV Tuner, To answer your question about motion, with the antenna that comes with it, the signal is in and out while moving. I have purchased Digital TV Antenna with amplifier, but have yet to install it. I only watch it when i am parked and waiting for something or someone. I will try to get antenna installed and get back to you.

Joemamma:

1) I actually pulled out my head unit the other night and discovered that I already have a front camera installed to the yellow RCA cable.  With this front camera already installed to the yellow RCA cable, why is my A/V menu option greyed out when I go to the HOME screen menu?  The camera works absolutely fine.

2) So based on what you mentioned above, if the device only requires 12 volts power, there is no additional power source that needs to be attached?

3) Can you please provide some screen shots of your tv tuner in action?