AVIC411.com

Can the RGB Input/Output be used with a USB adapter at the end?

2) So based on what you mentioned above, if the device only requires 12 volts power, there is no additional power source that needs to be attached?

The RCA A/V connection does not supply power to any attached device. You still need to power the device (camera in your case) seperatly.

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that they supplied power. I meant for example, Apple TV runs on 110, there are some android mini-pc boxes that run on 12 volts, but most utilize HDMI. But like you already have front camera, I have seen mini-dvr cameras that can be hooked up to RCA via adapter cables. Not a whole lot of things come to mind. I have a rooted android mini-PC that I have hooked up before, with appradio unchained, but using hotspot, it seems real slow. I have better luck mirroring iPhone 6 and playing YouTube and the like. Only problem there is HDMI will not mirror to headrest monitors, and only play video for the toddlers while driving.

screen shots of digital tv tuner as requested :

last shot is of remote control receiver, since unit is hidden.

post-116197-0-73995300-1435794781_thumb.jpgpost-116197-0-11389300-1435794784_thumb.jpgpost-116197-0-00787600-1435794788_thumb.jpgpost-116197-0-31658100-1435794791_thumb.jpg

This is in 03 Land Rover Discovery 2. I had to modify the dash fascia to install it since it came with a single din or should i say 1.5 din opening.

screen shots of digital tv tuner as requested :

last shot is of remote control receiver, since unit is hidden.

attachicon.gifIMG_3885.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3888.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3889.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3892.JPG

This is in 03 Land Rover Discovery 2. I had to modify the dash fascia to install it since it came with a single din or should i say 1.5 din opening.

Thanks for the info and the pics!  I am definitely looking into doing the same setup.

I already have a Chromecast plugged into the HDMI and I use my phone as a hotspot so I can watch Netflix and such while she goes in to shop lol

How do I "enable.input/output settings-AV input to ON.?"

Touch the gears in top right corner to get to settings

Touch the The tools icon below the star icon

Touch The input/output setting

This screen will show smartphone, Aux, and A/V (on or off)

Make sure they are on, default is off

Thanks for the info and the pics!  I am definitely looking into doing the same setup.

I already have a Chromecast plugged into the HDMI and I use my phone as a hotspot so I can watch Netflix and such while she goes in to shop lol

Man that's awesome.  How do you like your Chromecast?

Touch the gears in top right corner to get to settings

Touch the The tools icon below the star icon

Touch The input/output setting

This screen will show smartphone, Aux, and A/V (on or off)

Make sure they are on, default is off

Joe it worked, thanks a ton!  Now the video input from my front bumper camera i showing whenever I hit the A/V icon.  I do have  a question however.  So when yo ugo into the Gears menu and select Input/Output Setting --> A/V, the selections are (i) off, (ii) source and (iii) camera.  Prior to this post I had A/V set on "camera" instead of "source."  Why was the A/V selectoin greyed out on the main infotainment menu despite me having a camera attached to the RCA cables?

Man that's awesome.  How do you like your Chromecast?

its pretty cool to have a Chromecast in a vehicle.  I've had Chromecasts in my home since they were released about two years ago.     My regular phone is the wireless hotspot for data, and i bought a brand new Moto G for $25 from Best Buy to use as a Chromecast remote. Now I can do Netflix, Hulu, HBO2Go, etc