AVIC411.com

Working better & new maps

We have a x9310bt in our 2012 Subaru Legacy.

I believe that our gps antenna is inside the hockey puck sized plastic thing that is affixed to the upper right inside corner (ie upper right passenger side) of the windshield. Some low life type smashed the windshield in the middle of the night a couple of weekends ago. We replaced the windshield the next day. The gps antenna is in the same spot on the new windshield as the old ...... However the gps is more accurate!

Before the gps might show us as on a street to one side. Now we are on the right street. Any ideas what caused the improved performance?

New 2014 maps. Now that the 9310 works better I thought I'd buy new maps. I've done the 2013 map update. Do you know when new ones are coming out?

Thanks

It could be a few reasons for the better reception.  Was there a tint at the top of the old windshield thats not on the new? or is it smaller tint? (some tint is metallicized).  is the antenna lower on the new windshield than the old? Even the slightest movement can help getting a lock on more satellites

Hmmm...

That's interesting. Both old and new windshields look similar. Both have the shading. However the antenna is about and inch lower on the windshield now. With the old windshield the antenna was pushed right up top to the edge of the headliner. Couldn't see the cable running front it. Now I can....

Maybe that's the difference.

Thanks