AVIC411.com

Firmware failed to update

hello

I was trying to update my firmware from 1.01 to 1.03 and I got an error saying failed to update. And then I press the home button to reboot and just keeps booting to the same screen. So it's stuck in a boot loop basically. Is there a way to hard reset the 8100? Or a way to fix this,

Thanks!

post-131301-0-31138600-1436899008_thumb.jpg

There is a hard reset button on the bottom right front of the unit, you need a paperclip or something small to put in the hole to activate it.  I had the same problem with my upgrade.  Pressing the reset button DID NOT fix it.  Pioneer tech support told me that I would have to send the unit in for repair.  I redownloaded the upgrade and loaded in onto a different thumb drive, that worked, it completed the upgrade without any problems.

Good luck!

Same thing happened to my 5000 NEX last year, Had to send it in to pioneer to get fixed.... lets just say it was a nightmare dealing with them but after being told i would need to pay 90 $ to get it fixed they ended up sending me a referb unit. Cost me 60$ to ship my original unit to them though...

Same thing happened to my 5000 NEX last year, Had to send it in to pioneer to get fixed.... lets just say it was a nightmare dealing with them but after being told i would need to pay 90 $ to get it fixed they ended up sending me a referb unit. Cost me 60$ to ship my original unit to them though...

were u still under warranty?

were u still under warranty?

Yes But they were still telling me it would cost 90$ to get it fixed since " Software is not covered " under their warranty. So I didn't do it until like a month before my warranty was up I sent it in and they said that the part they needed to fix it was on back order so I kept calling every other day and they eventually sent me a ( Open box / Returned ) Radio. Only cost me the shipping to send it to them. I'm afraid to update it to the new update because I don't want to have the issue again. When I had that issue I also downloaded the full system Dump that you can find online and I dd'ed it to another sd card and put it in it and that didn't work either so it was something on board that got fried from the update  sorry for the late reply.

Yes But they were still telling me it would cost 90$ to get it fixed since " Software is not covered " under their warranty. So I didn't do it until like a month before my warranty was up I sent it in and they said that the part they needed to fix it was on back order so I kept calling every other day and they eventually sent me a ( Open box / Returned ) Radio. Only cost me the shipping to send it to them. I'm afraid to update it to the new update because I don't want to have the issue again. When I had that issue I also downloaded the full system Dump that you can find online and I dd'ed it to another sd card and put it in it and that didn't work either so it was something on board that got fried from the update sorry for the late reply.

That's BS about the software not being covered. Mine was received today by Pioneer so I'll keep u updated on my side.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
On 7/14/2015 at 7:53 PM, joemamma1954 said:

Have you tried pushing the reset button, pin hole on the right hand side, or disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. I haven't had this happen, but this is what i would try. Good Luck, hopefully it is not bricked.

I had the same issue. But this is how I was able to complete. Instead of using any SD card, the company said, use Verbatim or Kingston or Lexar. I used Verbatim 8gb and it worked perfectly. Before downloading, I formatted the SD and unzipped the files onto the SD card from my computer. Before, the updates failed many times because I used SanDisk SD card, but with this card, updates were "complete." Now, new update, the radio works better than before. Thanks