AVIC411.com

Hey all, trying to get Android Auto working.

GEAR

AVIC 8000NEX

LG G4 running Android 5.1 with Android Auto installed

Smart Phone Setup on the NEX is set to USB with bluetooth on the phone turned on and connected.

SCENARIO 1

When I connect the G4 to the USB 1 port, the phone acknowledges the connection and the NEX shows a device is connected.  However when I select USB 1 as a source, the NEX gives error: "Incompatible USB Device" appears.

SCENARIO 2

When I connect the G4 to the USB 2 port, the phone acknowledges the connection but the NEX does NOT show a device is connected.  

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any and all help!

Well lets start with the first bit of bad news. You have an 8000 NEX. That radio cannot do Android Auto. Period. 

Sliver of possible good news? People are trying to get it to work. They seem close to achieving success, but they haven't yet. 

Now on to better news. The reason your device is not being seen is because you probably have it on the wrong setting. On your NEX go to settings, input output setting, smartphone setup and then where it says iphone, press on it so it says others. From there your phone should now be recognized. You won't be able to do Android Auto, but you will be able to do screen mirroring, and if you set up your phone right with Appradio unchained or whatever it's called (see other sections of the forum) you'll even be able to control it from your phone. 

Good luck man. If you truly want android auto, get an 8100 nex. 

Sorry to say this but your radio can do android auto it's just very picky. Granted I have the 6100nex but they are basically the same. You must be on a stock phone rom not an aftermarket rom for starters. Then the only way to get it to work so you can use it is with an MHL adapter but honestly it's a crappy interface and not worth it.