AVIC411.com

Carplay icons dumb question...but hey, those are my specialty

Ever since the latest iOs update, I now have some extra icons on the front screen (5000) that I don't need/use- for example, Audiobooks, Podcasts and a few others. There's no way to delete or remove those is there? Just checking....I feel I know the answer but want to ask anyway.

Thanks!

Ever since the latest iOs update, I now have some extra icons on the front screen (5000) that I don't need/use- for example, Audiobooks, Podcasts and a few others. There's no way to delete or remove those is there? Just checking....I feel I know the answer but want to ask anyway.

Thanks!

Not a stupid question at all. I'd love to be able to edit the icons that appear on my home screen, but no, at this time there is no way to do so.

Carplay is going to show you all of the apps that work with it that are installed on your phone. The one way to delete them from your Carplay screen is to delete them from your phone.

That won't work, however, for the default apps such as Music and Audiobooks. They can't be deleted. Right now, the default apps take up most of the first screen.

Carplay is going to show you all of the apps that work with it that are installed on your phone. The one way to delete them from your Carplay screen is to delete them from your phone.

Which you can with a Jail Broke Phone... Would interesting to see it work in action.. Any jail breakers out there???

If you have enough desired apps (7 plus the NEX button), you can move the undesired ones to the second page of CarPlay. Out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

How would you do this? As far as I know, the stock apps are listed first and cannot be moved. Pressing and holding (like on the phone) does nothing. So have you done this, or are you just saying you think it can be done?

Care to elaborate how this can be done? I didn't think you can choose which icons to move to subsequent pages.

Either my memory is faulty or something changed with ios 8.4. I could have sworn that I was able to rearrange the icons, but I couldn't when I tried today.

• 1 year later...

Apple ios10 allows you to rearrange the icons on Carplay. On your phone, go to Settings | General | Carplay, select the desire vehicle and it will show a screenshot which you can drag unwanted icons to the second page.

Holy crap! It works! Thank you!!