AVIC411.com

Firmware 1.10 is out for older NEX radios

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... They may not give us users with the old units new features that they probably can actually handle, but when the AppRadio 1 stopped working after some random apple update Pioneer fixed the old appradios. That's a hell of a lot better support than I've seen from any of the other guys. Looking at you Alpine and Kenwood. 

Thank you Pioneer for supporting your product. I'll update it now and let everyone know how my unit runs. Especially interested to see if I can control my iPhone from the built in media player again. 

Ok, so updates installed. There is both a firmware and a bluetooth update. I don't use bluetooth (carplay) but I installed them both. Boot up is faster. Built in iPod controller can once again control phones now with the new music app. No significant changes that I saw for how the music app operates but at least now it OPERATES. So I'm happy with that. 

Pioneer says it's a bug fix update. My device is booting faster, and my built in music app works again. I'm happy. 

Ok, so updates installed. There is both a firmware and a bluetooth update. I don't use bluetooth (carplay) but I installed them both. Boot up is faster. Built in iPod controller can once again control phones now with the new music app. No significant changes that I saw for how the music app operates but at least now it OPERATES. So I'm happy with that.

Pioneer says it's a bug fix update. My device is booting faster, and my built in music app works again. I'm happy.

Did you install 1.09 or 1.10?

I'd like to install this if it speeds up the boot time, but I'm also wondering what this update might break that wasn't broken.

Excellent point Pjrm68, I've been burnt a few times before, looking forward to hear more about this update.

I have the 8100NEX and this 1.10 update doesn't seem to apply for my unit, but the "Bug fixes for iDatalink Maestro" mention is intriguing as some features supported by the Maestro module are currently missing in my 2013 VW Passat, most notably the nav and phone info on the MFI in the dash.

So it looks like this is to fix issues with iOS 8.4's new music app?  anything else?

And I'm hoping the bypass will continue to work as old firmware updates have.

Is there a way to backup my GPS settings prior to the upgrade?  I hate that it whacks your customizations and saved locations :(