AVIC411.com

Firmware 1.10 is out for older NEX radios

Well, I just took the plunge and updated. The update went fine and, so far, I notice absolutely zero difference. Boot time seems exactly the same. But, I guess it's good to be current.

Would you mind confirming your GPS was reset back to factory?

Also, did you have the bypass enabled before / or if not, does it still work now?

I'd like to give it a try this afternoon.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you mind confirming your GPS was reset back to factory?

Also, did you have the bypass enabled before / or if not, does it still work now?

I'd like to give it a try this afternoon.

I don't have GPS (it's the 4000NEX). But my bypass still works fine.

The website states that the update is strictly for the 8000NEX. Has anyone tried it for the 4000NEX thru 7000NEX models? If so, what were the results?

Actually, I'm pretty sure the update (1.09) is only for the 4000NEX. Is there one for the 8000 too?

The website states that the update is strictly for the 8000NEX.  Has anyone tried it for the  4000NEX thru 7000NEX models?  If so, what were the results?

I'm not sure exactly where you read that, but when I looked up my 6000NEX, that's the firmware that shows up for it.  I'm hoping to try it out later this evening.

5000 device here. Update went smoothly, took about 10 minutes for the firmware and another 7/8 minutes for the BT update.

So far I've noticed faster loading times when car is turned on. Also: yes it did reset my GPS settings, no biggies.

Music: haven't tried it yet.

Went from v1.06 to v1.10 with this update. 

Not to be redundant, but I installed 1.09 on my 4000 and upgraded Bluetooth yesterday. I had some issues with the unit recognizing the update (after looking for the update, it would say "NO DEVICE") from my flash drive but it eventually loaded fine after two resets. Seems a bit faster to load but that's probably a placebo effect from reading this thread.

5000 device here. Update went smoothly, took about 10 minutes for the firmware and another 7/8 minutes for the BT update.

Not to be redundant, but I installed 1.09 on my 4000 and upgraded Bluetooth yesterday.

How/Why are you upgrading Bluetooth separately? I assumed that following Pioneer's instructions would update the firmware and Bluetooth at the same time (or, perhaps to be more precise, sequentially). Updating my 8000 to 1.10 via an SD card went smoothly, but now I'm concerned I've missed out on a Bluetooth update.

Kar: I've never assumed that the BT update will be "automatically" taken care of at the same time the Pioneer update is done. So I just do it manually to make sure. Can't hurt right? Same procedure as the firmware update except you go to the BT page and update from there.

So far I've noticed faster loading times when car is turned on. Also: yes it did reset my GPS settings, no biggies.

Music: haven't tried it yet.

Went from v1.06 to v1.10 with this update.

OK, so I didn't lose my POIs, that was my biggest concern. Settings are easy to re-setup.

Following the instructions I disconnected USB1 and USB2, then inserted the USB2 (FAT32) thumb drive into USB1.

Update went smoothly, got to 1.10 within 10 minutes.

I let Pioneer know that the "AVIC-7000NEX_UC_FW-Update_v1.10_20150605.zip" updater I downloaded expands to "AVIC5000NEX"...who's watching the kids over there? :D

Don