AVIC411.com

Firmware 1.10 is out for older NEX radios

Kar: I've never assumed that the BT update will be "automatically" taken care of at the same time the Pioneer update is done. So I just do it manually to make sure. Can't hurt right? Same procedure as the firmware update except you go to the BT page and update from there.

How/Why are you upgrading Bluetooth separately? I assumed that following Pioneer's instructions would update the firmware and Bluetooth at the same time (or, perhaps to be more precise, sequentially). Updating my 8000 to 1.10 via an SD card went smoothly, but now I'm concerned I've missed out on a Bluetooth update.

The firmware upgrade takes care of the Bluetooth as well. I tested it and you don't need to upgrade it separately unless the instructions tell you to. By upgrading bluetooth separately all you do is wipe out your bluetooth settings. I assume if they want you to upgrade bluetooth without updating the system you can, but you don't have to.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone comment on what affect this 1.10 update has on the Maestro/Idatalink performance.  The results of this update will determine whether or not I decide to add the Maestro SW to the AVIC 8000NEX to my 2011 Toyota RAV4.

A Maestro SW shouldn't be affected at all, as it just plugs into the hard-wired remote control jack.

If the firmware affects anything, it'd be Maestro RR issues.

Can anyone comment on what affect this 1.10 update has on the Maestro/Idatalink performance.  The results of this update will determine whether or not I decide to add the Maestro SW to the AVIC 8000NEX to my 2011 Toyota RAV4.

I swapped out my iDatalink Maestro RR for the PAC unit because of the i-MId issue. I'm going to guess this update doesn't fix the i-Mid (but I'll have my fingers crossed that it does). I still have the RR.

I have the avic 4000 and with update 1.09 I have noticed a big difference in the performance of Car Play. Before the podcast app and the overcast app for example wouldn't refresh properly on the display avic unit until I opened the app on my phone first. Now it works as expected. I also noticed improvements in the Apple Maps, before the horizon sometimes wouldn't adjust when you were moving and just stay blue. It seems like the directions said it was mostly bug fixes behind the scenes. Now we just need a Waze Car Play app and all would be well in the universe.

Just updated my 6000. Nothing is different, but I haven't played with it yet. It does completely reset your Nav. So any saved locations are completely wiped. Went through the Nav set-up wizard as well. Had to turn off the speed warnings, adjust my voice commands, etc, etc.