AVIC411.com

Firmware 1.10 is out for older NEX radios

I don't think Pioneer really cares, because the same occurred in the original update for the 8100.  In fact, Pioneer mentioned in the install instructions that 8100 users will see a folder named 5000NEX

I let Pioneer know that the "AVIC-7000NEX_UC_FW-Update_v1.10_20150605.zip" updater I downloaded expands to "AVIC5000NEX"...who's watching the kids over there? :D

qoszs1.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having trouble upgrading. I have a 16 gb USB thumb drive that is blank and formatted to FAT32. Everyone I plug it in I get the "Make sure the only file on the disk is the update file" warning. I know the only file on here is the 1.10 upgrade. What gives?

I'm having trouble upgrading. I have a 16 gb USB thumb drive that is blank and formatted to FAT32. Everyone I plug it in I get the "Make sure the only file on the disk is the update file" warning. I know the only file on here is the 1.10 upgrade. What gives?

Do you have the entire upgrade folder or just the one that says Avic 5000 (or something like that)? It should only be the 5000 on the thumb drive.

Anyone else notice that when you go to download the firmware it is now the 1.08 version instead of the 1.10?

I swore I downloaded 1.10 but when I was updating that advice is what happen. I'm at an authorized dealer right now to see if they can fix it.

I swore I downloaded 1.10 but when I was updating that advice is what happen. I'm at an authorized dealer right now to see if they can fix it.

I've had a problem with updating mine too.

I first downloaded the firmware yesterday (AVIC- 5000,6000,7000NEX_UC_FW-Update_v1.10), when to do the update, went from 0% to -1, then instantly failed. Now I can't get the radio out of that screen (every time I start the car it tries to update). I've tried resetting the radio with the small button at the front with no luck.

I thought it might have been a firmware issue, so I went to re-dl the firmware from the site, now it only gives the 1.08 software (AVIC-5000,6000,7000NEX_UC_FW-Update_v1.08), no matter which link I try (although the site still says its the 1.10 version.

Not sure what I can do now =(

I'm just sending mine off Monday. They are going to put my stock radio in and send mine off. But I just might send it off from my side since I already have a return authorization number from Pioneer. So for the next month or so no back up camera or touchscreen in the Tundra.

I've had a problem with updating mine too.

I first downloaded the firmware yesterday (AVIC- 5000,6000,7000NEX_UC_FW-Update_v1.10), when to do the update, went from 0% to -1, then instantly failed. Now I can't get the radio out of that screen (every time I start the car it tries to update). I've tried resetting the radio with the small button at the front with no luck.

I thought it might have been a firmware issue, so I went to re-dl the firmware from the site, now it only gives the 1.08 software (AVIC-5000,6000,7000NEX_UC_FW-Update_v1.08), no matter which link I try (although the site still says its the 1.10 version.

Not sure what I can do now =(

Do you still have ur sd card in. Maybe it's trying to download from it still.

Do you still have ur sd card in. Maybe it's trying to download from it still.

Nope I did mine with USB. I tried two different USB and both the 1.10 I downloaded yesterday and the 1.08 I downloaded today with no joy.

I have an authorized pioneer repair service center about 5 mins away (so I'm lucky) and I'll bring it to them to check it out. Hopefully they won't charge me anything (unit is still under the 1yr warranty)

Nope I did mine with USB. I tried two different USB and both the 1.10 I downloaded yesterday and the 1.08 I downloaded today with no joy.

I have an authorized pioneer repair service center about 5 mins away (so I'm lucky) and I'll bring it to them to check it out. Hopefully they won't charge me anything (unit is still under the 1yr warranty)

Let me know what they say. I'm still under warranty too. Are u in California. I know when they are being sent I'm to be be repaired its in Long Beach.