AVIC411.com

Firmware 1.10 is out for older NEX radios

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5000 device here. Update went smoothly, took about 10 minutes for the firmware and another 7/8 minutes for the BT update.

So far I've noticed faster loading times when car is turned on. Also: yes it did reset my GPS settings, no biggies.

Music: haven't tried it yet.

Went from v1.06 to v1.10 with this update. 

It reset your GPS settings but does it clear your saved locations, fuel consumption data, and any other personal data too?

If it does is there a way to back up the personal stuff and restore it after the update?

OK, so I didn't lose my POIs, that was my biggest concern. Settings are easy to re-setup.

Following the instructions I disconnected USB1 and USB2, then inserted the USB2 (FAT32) thumb drive into USB1.

Update went smoothly, got to 1.10 within 10 minutes.

I let Pioneer know that the "AVIC-7000NEX_UC_FW-Update_v1.10_20150605.zip" updater I downloaded expands to "AVIC5000NEX"...who's watching the kids over there? :D

Don

My first post!

Pioneer's code documentation states that the same software services the entire X100 line. Supposedly the code for the 8100 would work on the 7100, 6100, and 5100.

I swapped out my iDatalink Maestro RR for the PAC unit because of the i-MId issue. I'm going to guess this update doesn't fix the i-Mid (but I'll have my fingers crossed that it does). I still have the RR.

Ah ha! The real reason I'm here. Hey donmontalvo! Did you get a chance to hook up that iDatalink Maestro and see what additional features have been added?

• 5 months later...