AVIC411.com

Nex4100 iPhone 6 plus no Siri no call audio Jeep

I had this installed at best buy so before making appointment to have them check I wanted to try here. I can hear my voicemails over the speakers, but if I try to make a call I have to remove lightning cable to hear or to talk. I can see the lines moving when Siri talks and if I say "call Kevin". A list of Kevin's comes up, so it can definitely hear me. When I use maps for navigation, the volume lowers on my music but I can hear no spoken instructions. I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler if this helps. Thanks!!

Ive run into this issue before.  The wrangler more than likely has an oem amplifier.  The harness behind the radio on an oem amplified system only uses the rear channels for signal when using an amp integrated harness.  Since it is common practice for installers to hook up a wiring harness like normal (fronts to fronts and backs to back) this issue often gets overlooked.  What many people dont know is with blutooth call audio and siri etc, the voice only comes out of the front speakers outputs on the pioneer radio.  Since the vehicle only uses the rear speaker inputs that means the front outputs on the pioneer radio are unused causing no sound issues during blutooth etc.  When you have your installer take a look at it just have him switch the front and rear leads when rewiring up the radio harness and problem solved.

If anyone is running on iOS 9 public beta 2 car play is broke. Every time you attempt to use Siri CarPlay just reboots

Exactly. I actually went back to iOS 8.4 just so Siri on CarPlay would work. If you are using the public release of iOS 9, CarPlay/Siri capability is broken. 

I just had one more question. I made an appointment to have it looked at but if the issue is the speaker wiring, is the voicemail different? I am able to hear my voicemails over the car speakers.

I believe voicemails are treated as a A2DP as apposed to HF on the iphones end so you would hear the voicemails just fine but not calls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Brand new member here.

I had a 7100NEX installed yesterday and thought all was perfect until I tried to make a phone call and discovered this exact problem.

Thanks to punch10001's suggestion, I switched the speaker front outputs to rear and rear to front, but now the factory sub in my Jeep Wrangler doesn't hit hard like it used to. It is working, but something is definitely wrong.

Any suggestions?