AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC 7000NEX Update 1.10 Problems

I purchased a Pioneer AVIC 7000NEX and iDatalink maestro rr from crutchfield who've been extremely helpful during my install process. During install my head unit wouldn't communicate with the iDatalink maestro, the pioneer claiming iDatalink connection status was "NOK"; crutchfield tech support said my firmware needs updating.

It shipped with firmware version 1.08, the available firmware on pioneers product page[2] was 1.10. I performed the update with the unit powered on and made it past the splash screen to repeatedly get stuck at a screen reading "Software Error. Please contact your Pioneer Dealer or Service Center". Crutchfield tech support had me try holding the pinhole reset button for 30 seconds with the vehicle on and off attempting to get the device to go into a firmware recovery mode it mentioned in the update process.

This same thing happened on a replacement unit as well. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the unit to get past this screen again? I was very happy with this unit while it was working (except the lack of steering wheel controls), I would love some help getting one unit to work again, since i have to return 1 unit as part of the RMA.

post-131634-0-55694300-1438133823_thumb.jpg

Same thing happened to my 7000. I sent mine off Monday and was recieved yesterday by Pioneer. They have yet to update my status for repair. I'm hoping it comes back with 1.10 but if not it'll just stay on 1.08. I'm more anticipating map updates then anything else. Check this thread out:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81352-firmware-failed-to-update/&do=findComment&comment=334011

Well so far it seems like there has been a few people (inc me) that has had issue with 1.10 on the 7000nex.

I'm not even going to deal with the update when I get back. Hopefully it comes back with 1.10. If not, oh well.....for those of you that send it off. It takes 2-3 business days before Pioneer updates their website. So my unit was received at 9:30 yesterday morning and it still states "waiting on product".

I'm not even going to deal with the update when I get back. Hopefully it comes back with 1.10. If not, oh well.....for those of you that send it off. It takes 2-3 business days before Pioneer updates their website. So my unit was received at 9:30 yesterday morning and it still states "waiting on product".

I sent mine in today. If it does not come back with 1.10, I'm not going to take any chances. I'll keep it on 1.08 until I can sell it.

I'm sending mine in tomorrow, +1 on sticking to whatever firmware they send it back with unless i'm feeling bold. Thank you all for the info and reassurance i'm not doing something incorrectly.

I read on another AV forum about sometime upgrading their 7000. Same issue. It takes about 10 mins to get through to Pioneer. They must be flooded with calls. My repair status still reads waiting on device. Got there Tuesday morning. Hopefully it'll change after the third day.
  • 4 weeks later...