AVIC411.com

Pioneer AVIC-z130bt USB video settings are driving me crazy....Anyone know what's going on??

So I formatted my USB drive that had my videos I copied from Youtube, converted online, ran through Handbrake with the settings below (im pretty sure the setting were the same) and loaded on my 64gb USB drive. Viola, the video worked great and so did the audio! It took me forever to find the settings for Handbreak that ACTUALLY worked.

Handbreak settings that had worked on my AVIC z130bt. The person I found these setting from was using them on 930bt.

Output settings, Container = mp4 file (no checks)

Picture tab = Width 624 x (keep aspect ratio)

Anamorphic = none

Modulus = 16 Cropping automatic

Video Filters Tab = all off

Video Tab = Video Codec MPEG-4 

Framerate = same as source

Avg Bitrate (kbps) = 800

I basically had to start over from scratch once I was ready to use that USB again for me car. I replicated the steps above, transferred it over to my USB, plugged it in and a message came up saying it wasn't recognized. With a bit of research I realized that it had to be formatted from exfat or NTSF to FAT32. Since I'm using windows and a 64gb stick cant be formatted to FAT32 I used an app online...formatted no problem.

Load the file back over to my USB, plug into the car and now the video and audio are working but are lagging really bad. like a CD skipping back in the day.

Does anyone out there know why this would be happening? I've tried a ton of different settings within Handbrake, converted the files and downloaded in 360p Standard Qualitly in order to keep the file size down etc...No luck

Any help would be cool

I don't have any experience with Handbrake, or even playing video off USB.  But I have worked with digital A/V in a previous lifetime. I don't understand why you would use framerate = bitrate. They are entirely different things. According to the AVIC manual, framerate needs to be 30fps. the HU is probably dropping video frames if the file has been transcoded at 800. I'm assuming, of course, that the Handbrake folks aren't inventing their own terminology.

Just my $.02 I'll now leave you to your trials.

Ok after tons of trial and error I decided to go get an SDHD 4gb card, stuck identically with the setting listed above (using Handbrake) and BOOM played perfect. One thing you need to make sure of is when converting (I use http://www.clipconverter.cc/)to only use "Standard Video" or "High Quality". Even if the video clip you are converting is a small file (4 gigs goes fast when adding hour long live music sets) say 20-100mb it usually doesn't matter and wont play a lot of the 720p or 1080p videos. Most of my 60 min videos are between 250-450mb

For some dumb reason I thought that I had the videos on the USB....nope. I still use the USB only to put MP3 files on to save SD card space.

I hope this helps the next lost soul as I worked for hours to figure out something I had already know yet just forgot.

Cheers!

*Oh...Google "splash screen 640x320" if you want a pic that fits, create a "pictures" folder on your SD. From there you can change the splash screen from a pic on your SD