AVIC411.com

Has anyone experienced a bug with CarPlay where you tell Siri to send a new message to someone and Siri instantly has the body of the message as "one" then I have to tell Siri to change the message and it works as it should?

It's an odd bug, and i'm not sure if maybe my mic is picking up some sound which Siri thinks is me saying "one" or if this is a known issue with either the NEX line or CarPlay.

Anyone know if firmware 1.09 fixes this? I have 1.08 and i'm going to update after some research on 1.09. I don't want to update if there's a lot of issues.

I don't think that you can get 1.09 . On the Pioneer website the 1.09 firmware download is in a folder that is named "AVH-4000NEX 1.09" but inside that folder is another folder "AVH-5000nex 1.08" very weird and it makes me wonder if i can use the 5000nex firmware in a 4000nex unit

I installed that firmware and my 4000NEX shows version 1.08 installed

I called Pioneer to make sure the files were right. According to them, even though the name is saying AVIC5000NEX, it's the correct FW. I'm not exactly sure why they can't use a better, less confusing name, but the Pioneer rep I spoke with even told me to refer to this instruction guide which also says the oddly named file is the correct one.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Car_Electronics/Firmware%20Update%20Files/NEX%20&%20SPH%20iDataLink%20Maestro%20v1.09%20&%20v1.10/Maestro%20FW%20Update%20Instructions%204000NEX.pdf

I installed it on my unit which is now saying version 1.09, and everything is working fine. So far CarPlay on iPhone 6 seems less buggy and Siri seems less delayed.