AVIC411.com

RCA pre-outs for AVIC-F840BT

Hi guys, glad to join your community.

I'm pretty new to Pioneer head units and Car Audio in general (was mostly working with stationery Hi-Fi before).

So I've got the AVIC-F840BT head unit with only the power cable attached.

After reading the service and installation manuals for x40 series, I still have a question - is it possible to get front, rear and subwoofer pre-outs from F840BT unit with cable like CDP-1375 (http://www.amazon.com/ASSEMBLY-Pioneer-Audio-Harness-CDP1375/dp/B0087U7XVO ), or they are simply not connected there?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. Looks like I've posted to wrong forum, but anyway :)

If anyone cares, could you please move this thread to F-series hacks/mods?

I have disassembled my AV head unit, re-read the service manual and now it seems I know what's the issue.

F-840BT is missing 20-pin FFC cable from AV board to IF-PCB. This cable carries majority of audio and video signals, the only exception is the backup camera.

The fuse connecting the Preouts Ground to AV-units ground plane was also not soldered.

I'm going to buy the 20-pin cable and if everything goes well, will create a video documenting the modification process.

My mod was successful, now I have RCA preouts working on my head unit. As far as I can judge with my mini monitors, sound is rather good.

It was more in-depth modification than I initially expected.

Pioneer didn't mount FFC AV connectors, so I had to solder thin wires straight to the connector pads. Some SMD components were also missing.

Working on the instruction now.