AVIC411.com

Is it possible to re-create a "warp" compatible image once any firmware changes are made?  This would give people the best of both worlds (customizable and quicker boot times.)

Also, what version of android are the NEX units running?  I'm wondering if xposed framework could be made to work with it...  That should allow some quick changes (like bypassing the boot up "warning" screen) fairly easily.  

Some ideas of what to do...

* (As mentioned,) bypass the bootup warning screen

* some digging into whatever launcher code they are using -- or just replacing the launcher (else adding anything would be pointless)

* If the device/kernel can handle multiple BT connections at once, perhaps OBDII software (such as torque) on the HU would be nice.

* getting some form of adb working would be extremely helpful.  Otherwise, testing stuff will be a PITA.  (However, I doubt the USB ports on the HU will work in that mode.)

* if getting adb working isn't an option, perhaps a version of the firmware could be put together that would work on a tablet (nexus 7?) to use for testing/debugging.  

...  just some random thoughts. :)

Take care

Gary

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to re-create a "warp" compatible image once any firmware changes are made? This would give people the best of both worlds (customizable and quicker boot times.)

Also, what version of android are the NEX units running? I'm wondering if xposed framework could be made to work with it... That should allow some quick changes (like bypassing the boot up "warning" screen) fairly easily.

Some ideas of what to do...

* (As mentioned,) bypass the bootup warning screen

* some digging into whatever launcher code they are using -- or just replacing the launcher (else adding anything would be pointless)

* If the device/kernel can handle multiple BT connections at once, perhaps OBDII software (such as torque) on the HU would be nice.

* getting some form of adb working would be extremely helpful. Otherwise, testing stuff will be a PITA. (However, I doubt the USB ports on the HU will work in that mode.)

* if getting adb working isn't an option, perhaps a version of the firmware could be put together that would work on a tablet (nexus 7?) to use for testing/debugging.

... just some random thoughts. :)

Take care

Gary

The units use android 4.2.2, the units should be able to create a new snapshot, as it is a mode that exists in UBoot but is untested at the moment.

The devices have a USB OTG mode that we have looked into but we have not got it to function properly yet.

Having WARP disabled makes the unit boot about 30 seconds before you can listen to music. It is even worse startup times with the Original SD Card Pioneer ships with. If you are going to disable WARP and are opening your unit, you should replace the SD Card with the fastest SD Card you can find to help speed it up.

Thanks,

I completed the NOR and SD card backups and posted details in the backup thread. Won't be able to flash the BSP and put in the new sd card until this weekend. 

In the meantime, I'll start looking at the image itself, play around with the PRG conversion script you guys wrote, and explore interesting APKs. 

I think they use the same firmware? Would be nice to have no warning at the beginning and maybe mirrorlink for the Galaxy S5 if possible :)

The  EU firmware is practically the same,with some minor differencies from the US/CA/ME/...

I don't use and like Android based smartphones (exept of some for test purposes only)..,but,can confirm,that Pioneer AppRadio & Pioneer NavGate HUD works perfect with my unite and my iPhone 6

Quite amazine works guys !!!!!

All NEX Units that run the Android firmware are compatible. So that means NEX 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 4100, 5100, 6100, 7100, and 8100. As well as their European counterparts.

SPH-DA120 is quite similar to 4000 so i guess it should applies to this list (difference is about GPS module http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/38859-nex-runs-android-and-other-useless-info/?p=332325 )

The  EU firmware is practically the same,with some minor differencies from the US/CA/ME/...

I don't use and like Android based smartphones (exept of some for test purposes only)..,but,can confirm,that Pioneer AppRadio & Pioneer NaveGate HUD works perfect with my unite and my iPhone 6

Have you some more details... As US models do have 1.10 firmware but EU ones still rely on 1.07 .... Maybe a cross flash can be done

Have you some more details... As US models do have 1.10 firmware but EU ones still rely on 1.07 .... Maybe a cross flash can be done

Cross flash isn't possible yet between EU/US  x000/x100 to avoid a damage of the units,

only between  x000/x100 US/ or! F7x,96,97 BT etc. EU ..,

No offense here, I mean SPH-DA120 is a bit different case, as it's basically a mirror touchscreen display/ + GPS antenna. So you only need to have your prefered nav program running on phone. I'm not sure, it's revelant to add another apk in such device. But removing warning screen, changing boot/splashcreen, create colored skin or even correct Pioneer typo would be really nice. And changing the base image (US->EU) with the newest one could help if specific US elements can be replaced...  

You'll have a lot of time together with vke/whatis..for hard work and longtime awaiting...

So you are single handily deciding to slow progress for the development community, when you may know something that can greatly speed up our progress. That is not what this post and topic is about. It is about cooperation and working together to create software for our radios, that the manufacturer has decided to neglect. 

So either help us and be constructive, or don't waste everyone's time.