AVIC411.com

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a great deal of difficulty removing the map warning screen.  I keep getting read-only filesystem warnings.  What I've noticed is that the content of build.prop on /system actually becomes 0 in size immediately after the operation, even though it says it's read-only.  What's going on here?

I pretty much piggybacked off the iGo lib fix that was just recently released in this thread.  I assume that one works fine.

Below is the content of my Copy_Script.sh.  If anyone could explain what I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

#!/system/bin/sh

ls -al /system >/mnt/udisk/system.before.txt
cat /system/build.prop >/mnt/udisk/build.before.prop

mount -o remount,rw /system

# upload modified build.prop
cat /mnt/udisk/build.prop >/system/build.prop

# alternative upload, which yields the same unfortunate result
#cp -f /mnt/udisk/build.prop /system/build.prop
#chown root:root /system/build.prop
#chmod 644 /system/build.prop

ls -al /system >/mnt/udisk/system.after1.txt
cat /system/build.prop >/mnt/udisk/build.after1.prop

sync

ls -al /system >/mnt/udisk/system.after2.txt
cat /system/build.prop >/mnt/udisk/build.after2.prop

reboot

EDIT: Actually, the original script (from iGO) is failing too.  Saw the same error in output.txt about not being able to chmod libigo_jni.so, which is also under /system.  What's the recourse here?  Why doesn't the mount command take care of this?

Hi Folks,

I greatly appreciate all the hard work, been enjoying myself adjusting my NEX5000. Ran into a issues as I got a little a head of myself.

I used the "copy" option in TestMode assuming I was copying the internal SD to my USB so it would be easier to look at the file structue on the MAC.

Now I'm dead in the water :( boot to a "Software Error" and my USB will not boot the unit into TestMode.

Any advice?

Thanks in Advanced!

-Mike

I used the "copy" option in TestMode assuming I was copying the internal SD to my USB so it would be easier to look at the file structue on the MAC.

I believe that mode actually does the reverse of what you were trying to accomplish. I recommend opening up your unit and replacing the internal SD Card with a new one that has the appropriate image.

There is one solution that will auto press the OK button when it shows up, however it requires you to install xposed and keep warp disabled, unless you figure a way out to get warp to reenable.

https://github.com/fuzznec/AVIC-OK-KILLER

And another one here that will run scripts but has the same requirement as above.

https://github.com/InspectifierWrectifier/AVICScripty

Hmmm, is there any way to run Google Maps or another Android launcher on the 8000-NEX?

If you can install Xposed it seems like you could easily install a different launcher?

Actually you can. I installed nova launcher and other stuff no problem. Again there are two things, no usb wifi support and you have to have warp disabled.

I believe that mode actually does the reverse of what you were trying to accomplish. I recommend opening up your unit and replacing the internal SD Card with a new one that has the appropriate image.

Thanks Bass_Rock - Is there a repository with the stock images hosted somewhere here on the forum or do I need to purchase one from Pioneer?

Thanks

Thanks Bass_Rock - Is there a repository with the stock images hosted somewhere here on the forum or do I need to purchase one from Pioneer?

No need to open or dismount unit. Just write image for your unit into usb stick or sd card (please do not copy img file, use image writer software), and use test mode "copy device" key to enter recovery mode and write contents of your external usb/sd card into internal sd card.

UPD: you can download avic 5000 nex image from Adam's website: https://builds.casual-dev.com/index.php?dir=random%2FAVIC%2F

I'm having a great deal of difficulty removing the map warning screen.  I keep getting read-only filesystem warnings.  What I've noticed is that the content of build.prop on /system actually becomes 0 in size immediately after the operation, even though it says it's read-only. 

Is copy-script file line ending encoding is set to unix type? Try to use something like this to save all error messages:

#!/system/bin/sh

out="/mnt/udisk/error_log.txt"

mount -o remount,rw /system &>>$out
cp -f /mnt/udisk/build.prop /system/build.prop &>>$out

sync

I did not tested 6000NEX, but for European version of 6000NEX (AVIC-F960BT) no need to install xposed framework or other software to disable maps OK screen. All that you need is just changed build.prop file.

No need to open or dismount unit. Just write image for your unit into usb stick or sd card (please do not copy img file, use image writer software), and use test mode "copy device" key to enter recovery mode and write contents of your external usb/sd card into internal sd card.

UPD: you can download avic 5000 nex image from Adam's website: https://builds.casual-dev.com/index.php?dir=random%2FAVIC%2F

Awesome - but it seems I cant get back into test mode. Is there a way to force the unit into recover mode? I'm in the process of making a new Testmode usb drive as I feel the disk may have been corrupted.

Downloading image now ;)

-Mike