AVIC411.com

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Apply this patch

2. Use this scripts to copy directory of iGO navigation software to your usb stick. Then modify this directory on your PC/Mac, add needed maps, licenses and other content. Then copy this modified iGo directory back to device.

Could do with a litlle more help.

Applied the patch and everything seemed to go all right. By the way, when in testmode, how do I end testmode and go back to normal radio-use?

Should I unpack the scrip to same USB-stick where the patch is on or should I unzip just the "AVIC to USB folder" to a new empty USB-stick. I think I have tried both options, but nothing seems to work. So would appreciate a little help here.

If I finally succeds in getting the script to work, will it then copy to USB2 or...? 

First off I want to thank all who contributed to this thread. I got the HERE_2015.Q2 loaded on a 6100.

The maps work.

The only issue w the ones below give a "partially incompatible" message:

North_America_HERE_Easy_2015.Q2_150925 / North_America_HERE_Economical_2015.Q2_150925

North_America_HERE_Fast_2015.Q2_150925

North_America_HERE_Green_2015.Q2_150925

North_America_HERE_Short_2015.Q2_150925

Anyone get this & have a fix?

post-135171-0-35238600-1453864628_thumb.jpg

post-135171-0-46307500-1453864595_thumb.jpg

Can someone PM me the test mode file? I am a Pioneer dealer and I would like to help a customer get their password on the 4100. I've done the old avic 750/850 before.

Can I just load on an SD card, boot, get in view and get out like the old units? Do I have to do on a flash drive?

Would you mind walking me through the password part. I've read this and I'm a little thrown about writing stuff down because it clears ect. Just would like to get in, see the password and get out if it's as easy as the old ones.

Thanks,

Chris @ Car Toys

I have test mode on a usb, and can see the options on boot up. Can someone lead me through the steps to see the password please.

Chris

yo, dat password is in da BSP yo. You can use the Customize BSP job o'er at C-Dev. https://jenkins.casual-dev.com/job/Customize%20BSP/build?delay=0sec

To remove the password, use test key 3. It's a bit tricky tho. Yous best burn a new SD from one of the images floating 'round, yo.

yo, dat password is in da BSP yo. You can use the Customize BSP job o'er at C-Dev. https://jenkins.casual-dev.com/job/Customize%20BSP/build?delay=0sec

To remove the password, use test key 3. It's a bit tricky tho. Yous best burn a new SD from one of the images floating 'round, yo.

Yo, m3_chris is talking about user-defined password to lock device startup after power loss, yo.

Yo, user-defined password is not the same thing as SD card lock password (stored in BSP), used to protect sd card contents, yo.

I'm going to backup the NOR and SD card later from my 8000-NEX (v1.11).  Would this be useful to upload anywhere?

Also, any progress on re-enabling WARP?

Lastly, if you install a custom launcher, can you re-launch the NEX launcher/apps?  (It sounds like somebody needs to get a USB wifi dongle working though for Google Maps, unless you use the later versions that support offline maps?)

I'm going to backup the NOR and SD card later from my 8000-NEX (v1.11).  Would this be useful to upload anywhere?

My own backups repository does not contain 8000NEX image, so at least I want this :) P.S. Don't click on Copy Device menu item.

Also, any progress on re-enabling WARP?

No progress at all, we need someone with pioneer head unit on the table (preferably with UART converter connected to device's yellow connector) who can do a lot of tests.

Thanks.

Maybe with the new 2016 NEX units being released it will drop the prices of the older NEX units so they could be used for testing.  I'd love to run some tests on my AVIC-8000NEX but it's installed in my car and much too difficult to remove and perform tests, etc.

I did look on eBay for some older AVIC-4000NEX units but they still seem to costs several hundred dollars which is too expensive for a test/bench unit.

I'd love to run some tests on my AVIC-8000NEX but it's installed in my car and much too difficult to remove and perform tests, etc.

I did look on eBay for some older AVIC-4000NEX units but they still seem to costs several hundred dollars which is too expensive for a test/bench unit.

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem :)

Btw, new (unused) Russian version of Pioneer AVIC-F960BT costs now about $385 due to the low rate of national currency :)

No progress at all, we need someone with pionee head unit on the table (preferably with UART converter connected to device's yellow connector) who can do a lot of tests.

Dawg, what we need is a way to bring these bad mamajamas back to life when they get a case of the bricks. Ya'll know what happens when you set da snapshot BSP item, yo.